Posted to uk.d-i-y
svmsbb svmsbb is offline

Default laminate -slight curve on hearth

wrote:
On Oct 17, 11:37 am, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote:
wrote:
On Oct 16, 11:54 pm, "The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote:
Dave wrote:
svmsbb wrote:

I want to lay laminate flooring in my lounge ,only slight problem
I'm thinking of, there is a very slight curve on my hearth,would
plastic edging bend slightly to finish it off.I did a bedroom and
put wood edging round instead of taking off all the skirting and
it looks fine.If I can match the colouring would that work?
putting it on with no nails.

The beading will bend a lot, but the limiting factor is how you
'stick it down', with a bend in it, until the 'glue' goes off.

Heavy furniture and garden canes spring to mind here.

Put the beading down with your choice of 'glue' and arrange the
heavy furniture, so that you can use canes ,bits of wood,
furniture itself, to ensure that the beading will remain in place
until the 'glue' takes a grab.

The word 'glue' is my way of saying what you think may be a
suitable medium for adhesion for this project.

HTH

Dave

The beading will not ben around a corner.

we're talking 1" quadrant here and plastic L shape?

To most people, a "very slight curve" is not a corner.

MBQ

Curve/corner doesn't, matter 1" quadrant/L shaped plastic will not
bend around that curve or half circle?

You're the only one who has mentioned anything about the size or
shape. You don't need anything like 1".
it has to be cut at the back with V grooves to form it around the
obstacle.

Simple saw cuts will do the job.
MBQ

thanks everyone,I thinks the small cuts seem like the best option,I remember
an old pal of mine doing that when he made his guitar and the wood did
bend,though the slight curve I would need doing would be over a longer
stretch so shouldnt be to difficult.thanks again