Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default double gazing New Milton

I know this might be a long shot question and normally double glazing
salesmen seem find you first.. however..

Can anyone recomend a decent installer in the New Milton area or a bit
further afield . I have decided that it's passed time to get the
remaining windows and doors done on my house, I really don't want
another cold winter! I did my bedroom window a few years ago, replaced
it myself but ICBA to DIY this time ( not sure you are still alowed to
DIY windows anyway are you?)

Also the chap who is coming around on Saturday to give my first quote
says all glass is made be Pilkington and that they have to use K glass
in 70mm units these days, are these a lot warmer ?

I wander if gas prices are going to come down now this new pipeline is
in place !

Simon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
ups.com...
I know this might be a long shot question and normally double glazing
salesmen seem find you first.. however..

Can anyone recomend a decent installer in the New Milton area or a bit
further afield .

Not sure if this will help.

http://www.ciao.co.uk/search.php?Sea...TopCategory=11

I have everrest coming on Monday, Anglain windows last week,
windows did look good, he spend most of his time rubbishing other companies.

He seemd really concerned when he left without an order, as I said
I asked for a quote and that's all that I was getting a quote and that I'd
be checking the web,and other suppliers for two weeks BEFORE
comitting myself to spending anything.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I know this might be a long shot question and normally double glazing
salesmen seem find you first.. however..

Can anyone recomend a decent installer in the New Milton area or a bit
further afield . I have decided that it's passed time to get the
remaining windows and doors done on my house, I really don't want
another cold winter! I did my bedroom window a few years ago, replaced
it myself but ICBA to DIY this time ( not sure you are still alowed to
DIY windows anyway are you?)

Also the chap who is coming around on Saturday to give my first quote
says all glass is made be Pilkington and that they have to use K glass
in 70mm units these days, are these a lot warmer ?

I wander if gas prices are going to come down now this new pipeline is
in place !

Simon

When I was faced with this I asked around relatives and neighbours and came
up with 3 local firms that people were pleased with. I narrowed it down to 2
firms and went to their showrooms with my measurements for a chat and rough
estimates, and that narrowed it down to one firm who got the work. They
replaced 12 windows and 3 doors, and we are very pleased with the job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 12:04:40 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

I have everrest coming on Monday, Anglain windows last week,
windows did look good, he spend most of his time rubbishing other
companies.

Not surprised fairly broad limits DG is DG. You'd do well to google on
Anglian in this group both for stories about Anglian and how best to find
a DG company.

He seemd really concerned when he left without an order,

Of course he was he'd just spent several hours with you and not earnt his
not inconsiderable commision!

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

wrote in message ..

==== snip
Can anyone recomend a decent installer in the New Milton area or a bit
further afield .

=== snip

Simon

Pennington and Lacey in Southampton did a
good job for us some years ago. (5+ years ago).
Smallish company - no high pressure stuff...
Seems like a good product - steel internals etc..

Came out last week and fixed a slightly ill fitting
door without question - no charge..

I have no links with them - just a customer...

Roy