Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wickes "organic" coated screws

Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is, and
how resistant it may be ?
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Oct 2006 01:37:14 -0700, "sm_jamieson"
wrote:

Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is, and
how resistant it may be ?

Probably a fluoropolymer.

They usually offer much better protection than any basic plating
process. Lots of vehicle manufacturers at the "high end" are now
routinely using them in exposed locations.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:

Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is

Dunno, but it does make the nails quite easy to drive home (and perhaps
disconcertingly easy to pull out too certainly don't be tempted to get
away with ones that are "nearly" long enough)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "sm_jamieson"
saying something like:

Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is, and
how resistant it may be ?

Leprechaun snot.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Andy Burns contains these words:

Dunno, but it does make the nails quite easy to drive home (and perhaps
disconcertingly easy to pull out too certainly don't be tempted to get
away with ones that are "nearly" long enough)

The neighbour's lad asked if I had any nails suitable for holding some
bits of gash fencing to a fence post. I gave him some 3" annular nails.
A bit later "Guy - how do I get them out again?"

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember "sm_jamieson"
saying something like:

Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is, and
how resistant it may be ?

Leprechaun snot.

Err ... thank you for that

TMI !

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:
Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is, and
how resistant it may be ?

No idea what it is, but I've used them on decking since 2000 with no real
sign of corrosion.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman