Adrian C

Default Phosphor coated drywall screws - why?

Just doing some partition work with plasterboard. I've been supplied
phosphor coated screws - what's the reason for the coating?

---
Adrian
David Lang

Hi
phosphor coated screws - what's the reason for the coating?

---
Adrian

Just guessing, to stop them rusting when wet plaster is put on top?
Ordinary steel screws would rust mad that could bleed through?

Dave

Adrian C wrote:

Just doing some partition work with plasterboard. I've been supplied
phosphor coated screws - what's the reason for the coating?

plain steel rusts, you get rust stains on the plaster, then the plaster
pops off.

Probably more important with PB screws is the head shape. Ordinary
woodscrews make a total dogs ear of PB.

I notice also PB screws are cheaper, and work fine in wood.

NT

Rick Hughes

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Just doing some partition work with plasterboard. I've been supplied
phosphor coated screws - what's the reason for the coating?

---

It refers to phospate coating - anti-rust or you would have rust spots in
finished wall.

Rick