DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Wickes "organic" coated screws (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/177885-wickes-organic-coated-screws.html)

sm_jamieson October 2nd 06 09:37 AM

Wickes "organic" coated screws

Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is, and
how resistant it may be ?
Simon.

Matt October 2nd 06 10:06 AM

Wickes "organic" coated screws

On 2 Oct 2006 01:37:14 -0700, "sm_jamieson"
wrote:

Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is, and
how resistant it may be ?

Probably a fluoropolymer.

They usually offer much better protection than any basic plating
process. Lots of vehicle manufacturers at the "high end" are now
routinely using them in exposed locations.

Andy Burns October 2nd 06 05:24 PM

sm_jamieson wrote:

Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is

Dunno, but it does make the nails quite easy to drive home (and perhaps
disconcertingly easy to pull out too certainly don't be tempted to get
away with ones that are "nearly" long enough)

Grimly Curmudgeon October 2nd 06 06:26 PM

Wickes "organic" coated screws

drugs began to take hold. I remember "sm_jamieson"
saying something like:

Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is, and
how resistant it may be ?

Leprechaun snot.
--

Dave

Guy King October 2nd 06 07:49 PM

Wickes "organic" coated screws

The message
from Andy Burns contains these words:

Dunno, but it does make the nails quite easy to drive home (and perhaps
disconcertingly easy to pull out too certainly don't be tempted to get
away with ones that are "nearly" long enough)

The neighbour's lad asked if I had any nails suitable for holding some
bits of gash fencing to a fence post. I gave him some 3" annular nails.
A bit later "Guy - how do I get them out again?"

--
Skipweasel

raden October 2nd 06 08:34 PM

Wickes "organic" coated screws

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
drugs began to take hold. I remember "sm_jamieson"
saying something like:

Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is, and
how resistant it may be ?

Leprechaun snot.

Err ... thank you for that

TMI !

--
geoff

The Medway Handyman October 2nd 06 10:13 PM

sm_jamieson wrote:
Wickes sell a range of exterior screws / bolts etc that have a green
coating described as "organic". Anyone know what this coating is, and
how resistant it may be ?

No idea what it is, but I've used them on decking since 2000 with no real
sign of corrosion.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman