Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mosaic Marble Wall Tiles - How to Fix ?

What's should I use to affix mosaic marble wall tiles ?.

Would normal tile adhesive/grout suffice ?.

TIA,

woodglass...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

woodglass wrote:
What's should I use to affix mosaic marble wall tiles ?.

Would normal tile adhesive/grout suffice ?.

Yup. I used evostik wall tile adhesive. Great. Both on marble and quartzite.

You will LOVE the results.
HINTS.

1/. Seal the marble first with Lithofin color enhancer and sealer.

2/. Use a songe dipped in fresh water and a scrubbing brush to remove
any adhesive that 'starys' BEFORE it sets.

3/. Ditto grout. Unlike glazed tiules grout will not easily come out of
the marble grain and the usual solution - brick acid or scale remnover -
will dissolve the marble.

4/. NEVER use limescale remover on marble. Marble IS limescale thats
been through a volcano or something similar..

TIA,

woodglass...

Best way to remove wall tiles without breaking? Ian_m UK diy 3 June 2nd 06 04:28 PM
How to fit plastic edging strip to ceramic wall tiles? Eric The Viking UK diy 8 August 4th 05 07:52 PM
wall tile adhesive for floor tiles? [email protected] UK diy 6 August 2nd 05 12:17 PM
Cheap wall tiles PoP UK diy 16 March 5th 04 09:32 PM
Painting over Kitchen Wall Tiles Mary UK diy 0 November 14th 03 11:57 AM