Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Tim is offline

Default Where can I get some 90mm o/d soft rubber (washing machine sump style) hose

I need to connect a pair of offset fixed pipes, 25cm apart and
off-axis by 8cm so I am looking for a supplier of bendable rubber hose
that I can use to join with jubilee clips. The kind of soft rubber
hose installed in the sump of a washing machine is ideal.

I am struggling to find a source.

Can anyone suggest a supplier?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:59:01 UTC, Tim wrote:

I need to connect a pair of offset fixed pipes, 25cm apart and
off-axis by 8cm so I am looking for a supplier of bendable rubber hose
that I can use to join with jubilee clips. The kind of soft rubber
hose installed in the sump of a washing machine is ideal.

I am struggling to find a source.

Can anyone suggest a supplier?

Car accessory shop? Radiator hose?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Tim contains these words:

The kind of soft rubber
hose installed in the sump of a washing machine is ideal.

So go to a washing machine spaces place and ask to rummage through their
box of hoses.

Halfords sell "universal[1]" coolant hoses which are currugated and flexible.

[1] One size doesn't quite fit all.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim wrote:
I need to connect a pair of offset fixed pipes, 25cm apart and
off-axis by 8cm so I am looking for a supplier of bendable rubber hose
that I can use to join with jubilee clips. The kind of soft rubber
hose installed in the sump of a washing machine is ideal.

90mm is a big hose, whats it carrying?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Tim is offline

90mm is a big hose, whats it carrying?

Yep, this is my problem, it's to carry drainage water.

I am struggling to think of any application that might use a soft
synthetic rubber (EPDM) hose of this bore.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:41:57 UTC, Tim wrote:

90mm is a big hose, whats it carrying?

Yep, this is my problem, it's to carry drainage water.

I am struggling to think of any application that might use a soft
synthetic rubber (EPDM) hose of this bore.

I mentioned car radiator hose before, but it's a bit big for that.
Wonder about trucks?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim wrote:

I am struggling to think of any application that might use a soft
synthetic rubber (EPDM) hose of this bore.

ISTR that 90mm is a standard irrigation PVC pipe size.
Maybe 2x 45-degree elbows and a short straight section?

--
Tony Williams.

kms kuba sewing machinery Woodworking 0 April 17th 06 10:48 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 March 27th 06 03:24 PM
Washing machine has filled up with water whilst turned off! pcyljmb UK diy 5 January 5th 06 11:45 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM
Zanussi washing machine - blown program selector Mat UK diy 1 July 9th 03 01:09 AM