DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where can I get some 90mm o/d soft rubber (washing machine sump style) hose (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/176406-where-can-i-get-some-90mm-o-d-soft-rubber-washing-machine-sump-style-hose.html)

Tim September 19th 06 09:59 AM

Where can I get some 90mm o/d soft rubber (washing machine sump style) hose

I need to connect a pair of offset fixed pipes, 25cm apart and
off-axis by 8cm so I am looking for a supplier of bendable rubber hose
that I can use to join with jubilee clips. The kind of soft rubber
hose installed in the sump of a washing machine is ideal.

I am struggling to find a source.

Can anyone suggest a supplier?

Bob Eager September 19th 06 10:27 AM

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:59:01 UTC, Tim wrote:

I need to connect a pair of offset fixed pipes, 25cm apart and
off-axis by 8cm so I am looking for a supplier of bendable rubber hose
that I can use to join with jubilee clips. The kind of soft rubber
hose installed in the sump of a washing machine is ideal.

I am struggling to find a source.

Can anyone suggest a supplier?

Car accessory shop? Radiator hose?

Guy King September 19th 06 11:04 AM

Where can I get some 90mm o/d soft rubber (washing machine sump style) hose

The message
from Tim contains these words:

The kind of soft rubber
hose installed in the sump of a washing machine is ideal.

So go to a washing machine spaces place and ask to rummage through their
box of hoses.

Halfords sell "universal[1]" coolant hoses which are currugated and flexible.

[1] One size doesn't quite fit all.

--
Skipweasel

The Medway Handyman September 19th 06 08:45 PM

Tim wrote:
I need to connect a pair of offset fixed pipes, 25cm apart and
off-axis by 8cm so I am looking for a supplier of bendable rubber hose
that I can use to join with jubilee clips. The kind of soft rubber
hose installed in the sump of a washing machine is ideal.

90mm is a big hose, whats it carrying?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Tim September 20th 06 01:41 PM

Where can I get some 90mm o/d soft rubber (washing machine sump style) hose

90mm is a big hose, whats it carrying?

Yep, this is my problem, it's to carry drainage water.

I am struggling to think of any application that might use a soft
synthetic rubber (EPDM) hose of this bore.

Bob Eager September 20th 06 01:50 PM

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:41:57 UTC, Tim wrote:

90mm is a big hose, whats it carrying?

Yep, this is my problem, it's to carry drainage water.

I am struggling to think of any application that might use a soft
synthetic rubber (EPDM) hose of this bore.

I mentioned car radiator hose before, but it's a bit big for that.
Wonder about trucks?

Tony Williams September 20th 06 02:58 PM

Where can I get some 90mm o/d soft rubber (washing machine sump style) hose

In article ,
Tim wrote:

I am struggling to think of any application that might use a soft
synthetic rubber (EPDM) hose of this bore.

ISTR that 90mm is a standard irrigation PVC pipe size.
Maybe 2x 45-degree elbows and a short straight section?

--
Tony Williams.