Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default belt sander drive belt

How do I put a new drive belt on my bosch GBS75AE sander? There is no
stretch in it and it has to go over a flange. Perhaps the flange or one
of the pulleys is removeable but how?

cheers
Jacob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

normanwisdom wrote:
How do I put a new drive belt on my bosch GBS75AE sander? There is no
stretch in it and it has to go over a flange. Perhaps the flange or
one of the pulleys is removeable but how?

cheers
Jacob

Don't you have the instructions?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Many belt sanders have a lever on the side to draw back the front
roller.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
normanwisdom wrote:
How do I put a new drive belt on my bosch GBS75AE sander? There is no
stretch in it and it has to go over a flange. Perhaps the flange or
one of the pulleys is removeable but how?

cheers
Jacob

Don't you have the instructions?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Obviously not. Stupid question.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Many belt sanders have a lever on the side to draw back the front
roller.

DRIVE belt, not the sanding belt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message . com
from " contains these words:

Many belt sanders have a lever on the side to draw back the front
roller.

I don't think it's the abrasive belt he's changing - it's the internal
drivebelt.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

normanwisdom wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
normanwisdom wrote:
How do I put a new drive belt on my bosch GBS75AE sander? There is
no stretch in it and it has to go over a flange. Perhaps the flange
or one of the pulleys is removeable but how?

cheers
Jacob

Don't you have the instructions?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Obviously not. Stupid question.

Stupid person for not keeping the instructions.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"normanwisdom" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do I put a new drive belt on my bosch GBS75AE sander? There is no
stretch in it and it has to go over a flange. Perhaps the flange or one
of the pulleys is removeable but how?

Fit it over one pulley completely
Ease one edge over the other pulley and rotate slowly causing it to roll on
to the pulley itself

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
normanwisdom wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
normanwisdom wrote:
How do I put a new drive belt on my bosch GBS75AE sander? There is
no stretch in it and it has to go over a flange. Perhaps the flange
or one of the pulleys is removeable but how?

cheers
Jacob

Don't you have the instructions?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Obviously not. Stupid question.

Stupid person for not keeping the instructions.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Never had the instructions so there!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Alun Davies wrote:
"normanwisdom" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do I put a new drive belt on my bosch GBS75AE sander? There is no
stretch in it and it has to go over a flange. Perhaps the flange or one
of the pulleys is removeable but how?

Fit it over one pulley completely
Ease one edge over the other pulley and rotate slowly causing it to roll on
to the pulley itself

Not possible. There is not enough stretch in it. I think you have to
remove the flange but I don't know how and don't want to break
anything.

cheers
Jacob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

if its a toothed belt only one pulley should be flanged. fit it to that one
first.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"normanwisdom" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mr Alun Davies wrote:
"normanwisdom" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do I put a new drive belt on my bosch GBS75AE sander? There is no
stretch in it and it has to go over a flange. Perhaps the flange or one
of the pulleys is removeable but how?

Fit it over one pulley completely
Ease one edge over the other pulley and rotate slowly causing it to roll
on
to the pulley itself

Not possible. There is not enough stretch in it. I think you have to
remove the flange but I don't know how and don't want to break
anything.

It would be worth _trying_. Just proceed very carefully.
Motor vehicle engine fan belts don't stretch because they use nylon cords.
But there is some give in the rest of the material used. That's why they
"bed in", and require adjusting not long after being fitted.
I've had to use that method when a supplied belt just wasn't long enough;
for whatever reason.

Sylvain.

cheers
Jacob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

normanwisdom wrote:
Mr Alun Davies wrote:
"normanwisdom" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do I put a new drive belt on my bosch GBS75AE sander? There is
no stretch in it and it has to go over a flange. Perhaps the flange
or one of the pulleys is removeable but how?

Fit it over one pulley completely
Ease one edge over the other pulley and rotate slowly causing it to
roll on to the pulley itself

Not possible. There is not enough stretch in it. I think you have to
remove the flange but I don't know how and don't want to break
anything.

cheers
Jacob

so send bosch an email for a DL manual.
http://www.boschtools.com/product-se...parts-diagram/

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to The3rd Earl Of Derby, Gearloose wrote:
Although this is a little late for the person asking the question initially,
perhaps this will help future searchers, Just today I replaced the DRIVE BELT
on my Bosch 1274DVS (0601274739) 3" x 21" Belt Sander, which looks similar to
the GBS75AE sander. As it was a new belt there was no stretch in it. It was
placed without removing any pulleys... with a great deal of perseverance
using the following steps!
1) place the belt on the smaller pulley and MAKE SURE the belt stays below the
flange at all times; it tends to "ride up" in the following steps
2) gently, but forcibly, ease the drive belt onto the larger pulley starting
at one side (at the edge only) and rotating the larger pulley ensuring that
the teeth are all engaged (remember to keep the belt below the flange of the
smaller pulley, even if the belt "flattens" between the pulleys!!)
3) press the belt fully onto the larger pulley and rotate to ensure proper
seating on both pulleys
4) CAUTION: using safety glasses and gloves, plus keep your fingers/clothing
out of the belt/pulley area, plug in and quickly test the installation
5) place and secure the safety housing
6) check the graphite platen/plate that the inside of the SANDING belt rides
on and replace if necessary
7) install a SANDING belt and adjust the positioning
8) GO SANDING!!!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...lt-283757-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 July 2016 02:44:03 UTC+1, Gearloose wrote:
[...]

10 years late no less.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to The3rd Earl Of Derby, Peter wrote:
I'm here with the same question: Sorry clever clogs, but how to change the
toothed drive belt IS NOT covered in the instructions!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...lt-283757-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Gearloose, Peter wrote:
Thank! - At last a helpful answer :-)

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...lt-283757-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Peter wrote:
replying to The3rd Earl Of Derby, Peter wrote:

I'm here with the same question: Sorry clever clogs, but how to change the
toothed drive belt IS NOT covered in the instructions!

Yes, you're the bright one alright. A year after a post pointing out the
thread was from 10 years before that.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Scott M, Some Dutch guy wrote:
Hi, I just want to thank you all and especially Gearloose for sharing this
info, even if it was 10 years after. Following these instructions it was done
within 5 minutes.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...lt-283757-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to normanwisdom, Jacob Butler wrote:
1 Take off belt cover and two small covers from top, one over the
switch/handle the other at the other end over the brushes.
2 This reveals four bolts which hold the complete bottom assembly to the top.
Separate them.
3 Put them back together with a bit of a wiggle to get the belt over the two
splined pulleys.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...lt-283757-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 April 2019 22:44:04 UTC+1, Jacob Butler wrote:
replying to normanwisdom, Jacob Butler wrote:

1 Take off belt cover and two small covers from top, one over the
switch/handle the other at the other end over the brushes.
2 This reveals four bolts which hold the complete bottom assembly to the top.
Separate them.
3 Put them back together with a bit of a wiggle to get the belt over the two
splined pulleys.

Yep, he's been reading this newsgroup 13 years waiting for someone to answer. Get yourself to google groups instead of using that awful website.

Which belt sander? R. Pierce Butler Woodworking 3 August 10th 06 02:28 AM
belt sander speed? DDG Woodworking 3 September 17th 05 02:10 AM
Looking for a cheap price on drive belt (rubber) for belt sander jbclem Woodworking 9 May 20th 05 11:13 AM
Orbital Sander V Belt Sander Ozboc Woodworking 3 September 10th 04 12:41 PM
Replacing drive belt on GE dryer. Trader Home Repair 0 July 14th 03 01:43 AM