Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE Sylvain VAN DER WALDE is offline

Default belt sander drive belt

"normanwisdom" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mr Alun Davies wrote:
"normanwisdom" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do I put a new drive belt on my bosch GBS75AE sander? There is no
stretch in it and it has to go over a flange. Perhaps the flange or one
of the pulleys is removeable but how?

Fit it over one pulley completely
Ease one edge over the other pulley and rotate slowly causing it to roll
on
to the pulley itself

Not possible. There is not enough stretch in it. I think you have to
remove the flange but I don't know how and don't want to break
anything.

It would be worth _trying_. Just proceed very carefully.
Motor vehicle engine fan belts don't stretch because they use nylon cords.
But there is some give in the rest of the material used. That's why they
"bed in", and require adjusting not long after being fitted.
I've had to use that method when a supplied belt just wasn't long enough;
for whatever reason.

Sylvain.

cheers
Jacob