Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
TC

Default Screwfix towel radiators: absolute crap.

Folks,

I've just received my 3rd towel radiator (cat #16899) from Screwfix.

The first one had rusty marks in the chrome on the top just where the
plug screws in, so that had to go back.

A replacement duly arrived which looked fine. I installrd that, and
connected up the water. That was when I discovered it leaked at the
joint between one of the horizontal bars and the left-hand upright.

So I complained about that one too. A repacement has just arrived and
now I'm sending that one back as well. It's obviously been out and
rejected before being sent on to me. There are scratches all over it
and some of the chrome's chipped. It's been installed once before as
you can see marks left by rust-stained water. I just can't believe
they've sent me a second-hand (and probably defective) radiator. It
reminds me of Dixons.

This time I'm getting one somwhere else. I'm impressed with Screwfix's
efficiency but I think that some of their stuff is of very dubious
quality. This radiator isn't the first duffer I've had from them.

Has anyone else found the same with this towel-rail is it just me?

TC