Witchy

Default Screwfix towel radiators: absolute crap.

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:43:27 +0100, "Jonathan@Home"
wrote:

A short time ago on this forum someone said they'd got a pipe bender
from ebay for around 20 quid and they were happy with it. Now I'm used
to seeing pipe benders in the sheds for about 45 quid, so I thought
I'd hop over to ebay.

That was me, I've not done a lot with it but it worked very well when I did
use it, and after all if you arn't happy you can relist it on e-bay. When I
bought mine I had to wait as there were lots of them appearing but going for
nearly the market price when postage was added. I just waited and got
bidding in a aution whith little interest and got it for for just over £20.

Just to show people who don't use e-bay what can happen, I bought a flute
for my son for £124, next one sold for £180, exactly the same flute from the
same seller, saw a brand new Bosch Cordless jiigsaw go for £52, with only 2
bidders. One before that went for £98 and the one after went for £76. The

That's going to be 3 very disappointed buyers then My own
experience with the Bosch cordless jigsaw made me give it to me Dad
and go buy the very nice corded PST850E from the local shed 'cos it
was end of range and therefore £29.95 instead of the usual price.

The batteries in those things are NiCds instead of NiMHs, so they last
for 5 minutes - last time I used one was cutting a hole in a door that
was approx 3'x1' and it only got half of it done.....the battery also
heats up in use and when its hot you can't recharge it until its
cooled down.......v.annoying. Spare batteries (if you can find 'em)
cost as much as the jigsaw!

Hate to think how long their cordless circular saw lasts....

witchy/binarydinosaurs