Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY TV entertainment unit

After looking at the Ikea catalog, and from previous experience of
assembling flat packs, I'm considering building my own TV
'entertainment unit' for the lounge. The construction seems simple, and
I can probably buy the materials for much less than the cost of buying
from Ikea.
But being a DIY novice I'm wondering if this may be a bit ambitious? I
don't have that many tools, so a shopping list would be useful.
All flat packs I've put together use those self locking screw type
things to fix the cabinets together. I can't seem to locate anywhere
that sells these. Or is there a better way of doing it? Dovetail joints
etc are out of the question really.
Any advice or pointers to resources appreciated, to give me a starting
point.