Posted to uk.d-i-y
. . is offline

Default DIY TV entertainment unit

wrote:
Yup thanks, I did wonder about the accuracy required. I'll probably
use the dowell approach. But it's basic things like how to cleanly
cut the panels. I have a jigsaw, which is probably not the correct
tool. So I guessed I would need a saw bench or pull mitre saw of some
kind.

go for it. once you've tooled up and got the prototypes out of the way you
may end up with a decent enough product to sell it. it may be a lot more
expensive than the ones you can buy in the shops but if you stick at it
for long enough, say 30 years, you may be able to attain the quality of
and volume pricing benefits of, say IKEA .........

buy one for now, save your dreams for when you're tooled up and have
at least some experience of where to start ;-)