Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default attention conservatory owners/builders

what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message k
from "Sheila" contains these words:

what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

Depends what you want to do with it. I made ours 28" because it seemed
to balance nicely with the size of the windows and also because it's the
right height for the wife to lean on.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message k
from "Sheila" contains these words:

what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

Depends what you want to do with it. I made ours 28" because it
seemed to balance nicely with the size of the windows and also
because it's the right height for the wife to lean on.

Skipweasel in Oompa-Loompa marriage shame!
Full story on pages 3-7

Posted to uk.d-i-y
me me is offline

"Sheila" wrote in message
.uk...
what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

60cm in the one we've just had built

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:

The message k
from "Sheila" contains these words:

what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

Depends what you want to do with it. I made ours 28" because it seemed
to balance nicely with the size of the windows and also because it's the
right height for the wife to lean on.

I take it that you are not a leg man then ;-)

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "Steve Walker" contains these words:

Skipweasel in Oompa-Loompa marriage shame!

I'm 6/2", she's 4'9", and just comes up to my heart. When she stands on
the kitchen chair she's eye to eye with me. She can't reach the top of
my head even on tiptoe.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Dave contains these words:

I take it that you are not a leg man then ;-)

I have absolutely no idea what I see in her, but it's mutual and it's
worked for 18 years.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
The message k
from "Sheila" contains these words:

what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

Depends what you want to do with it. I made ours 28" because it seemed
to balance nicely with the size of the windows and also because it's
the right height for the wife to lean on.

But what height is the spouse in question? And which part of her anatomy
leans on it?

The nation needs to know!

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message
from "Steve Walker" contains these words:

Skipweasel in Oompa-Loompa marriage shame!

I'm 6/2", she's 4'9", and just comes up to my heart. When she stands on
the kitchen chair she's eye to eye with me. She can't reach the top of
my head even on tiptoe.

--
Skipweasel

Reminds me of the 8' man that wanted an 8' woman.

....he couldn't find one so he screwed two 4' women together ;-)

--
ETV

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:18:15 GMT, "Sheila"
wrote:

|what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

Make sure that you do not have to install toughened glass in the windows
which will increase the price, if with added security. Sorry could not
find a URL for that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Make sure that you do not have to install toughened glass in the windows
which will increase the price, if with added security. Sorry could not
find a URL for that.

Personally, I would want toughened glass in every pane, whatever the height.
Then, a glass pane did go through my wrist once, severing several tendons
and the median nerve.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

I prefer full height with no sill, unless it is a modern property.

As we have an Edwardian house, we went for full height wooden, with wooden
panels up to where the sill would have been. Above that are the main pane
and a top light divided into two with a genuine (not stick on) Georgian bar.
Looks fantastic.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from Dave Fawthrop contains these words:

Make sure that you do not have to install toughened glass in the windows
which will increase the price, if with added security. Sorry could not
find a URL for that.

Not by all that much. I made ours toughened anyway, simply 'cos the kids
don't appear to respect gravity.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Sheila" wrote in message
.uk...
what height from floor to sill inside conservatory?

thanks to all who replied, the conservatory items have been noted, and
thought about! thanks!