Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer

Default A silly paint kettle question......

Having spilt (and wasted) a partly filled 2.5l can of paint this morning, I
decided I'd start using a paint kettle - if it happens again, the overall
quantity won't be as much!

Is there a simple way to transfer paint from can to kettle without spilling
it everywhere? Yes, I realise you can just pour from can to kettle and back
again, but that usually results in the lip of the can filling up with
paint, which in turn runs down the side of the can. Just wondering if there
was a glaringly obvious knack (that is completely escaping me) to doing it
without making too much mess.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix

"The Wanderer" wrote in message
Having spilt (and wasted) a partly filled 2.5l can of paint this morning,
decided I'd start using a paint kettle - if it happens again, the overall
quantity won't be as much!

Is there a simple way to transfer paint from can to kettle without
spilling
it everywhere? Yes, I realise you can just pour from can to kettle and
back
again, but that usually results in the lip of the can filling up with
paint, which in turn runs down the side of the can. Just wondering if
there
was a glaringly obvious knack (that is completely escaping me) to doing it
without making too much mess.

Errr, wiping it with the brush you are going to use? Up the side and then
round the rim to force all either into the can or into the brush.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

The Wanderer wrote:
Is there a simple way to transfer paint from can to kettle without spilling
it everywhere? Yes, I realise you can just pour from can to kettle and back
again, but that usually results in the lip of the can filling up with
paint, which in turn runs down the side of the can. Just wondering if there
was a glaringly obvious knack (that is completely escaping me) to doing it
without making too much mess.

Use a ladle, or tip the paint out of the container on the non-
instruction side and clean up with Bounty kitchen paper.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from The Wanderer contains these words:

Is there a simple way to transfer paint from can to kettle without spilling
it everywhere?

Ladle.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Use a ladle,

Aaarugh, the rays!

--
Skipweasel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Guy King wrote:
The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

Use a ladle,

Aaarugh, the rays!

I are suffering magnificently from "Ben Bracken". Will have to
whizz off to the kitchen directly.

Paint question Steve B Woodworking 5 June 2nd 06 04:00 AM
Painting horror - interior wall. Steven L Umbach Home Repair 26 September 1st 05 07:39 PM
Paint & primer question... Al A. Metalworking 7 June 25th 05 06:47 AM
Paint Question? John Kerkes Home Repair 5 April 10th 05 05:08 PM
Silly Question about Installing Tile in a Bathroom Bill Leska Home Repair 9 December 24th 03 03:30 PM