Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback

Default O.T. hire price for traffic lights

I have a very large lime tree bordering a public road that is dying and
needs to be removed. The tree surgeons say traffic lights will be
needed, can anyone tell me what the charge for them would be (North
Staffordshire.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have a very large lime tree bordering a public road that is dying and
needs to be removed. The tree surgeons say traffic lights will be needed,
can anyone tell me what the charge for them would be (North Staffordshire.

For a short distance obstruction during the hours of daylight, except under
certain circumstances, such as very high volumes of traffic, a couple of
stop/go boards are usually adequate. However, IME road works equipment is
surprisingly inexpensive and lights may work out cheaper than having a
couple of bods holding the boards.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Broadback contains these words:

I have a very large lime tree bordering a public road that is dying and
needs to be removed. The tree surgeons say traffic lights will be
needed, can anyone tell me what the charge for them would be (North
Staffordshire.

Google is your friend.

http://www.hss.com/g/25290/Traffic_L...y_Propane.html

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Me here

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have a very large lime tree bordering a public road that is dying and
needs to be removed. The tree surgeons say traffic lights will be needed,
can anyone tell me what the charge for them would be (North Staffordshire.

If the supposed "Tree Surgeons" need the lights then they will have to
supply them.
or would you like the responsibility for the set-up, operation and powering
and a resultant accident when they fail?

Get a few more quotes from more experienced tradesmen

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumps

Broadback wrote:
I have a very large lime tree bordering a public road that is dying
and needs to be removed. The tree surgeons say traffic lights will be
needed, can anyone tell me what the charge for them would be (North
Staffordshire.

Can you just stick up traffic lights on a public road without permission
first? Certainly this wasn't the case when Mr BT threw up some lights on a
local A road a year or so back without permission. I believe they were 'told
off' for this.
As has been suggested already, get another quote from an outfit that will do
the WHOLE job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Me here wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
I have a very large lime tree bordering a public road that is dying and
needs to be removed. The tree surgeons say traffic lights will be needed,
can anyone tell me what the charge for them would be (North Staffordshire.

If the supposed "Tree Surgeons" need the lights then they will have to
supply them.
or would you like the responsibility for the set-up, operation and powering
and a resultant accident when they fail?

Get a few more quotes from more experienced tradesmen

Who would probably hire the lights and add on 10% or more, plus their
time in collecting and returning said lights. I would have thought
that the OP may well save some money if he handles this stuff himself
(asumming he has time to spare).

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Me here

wrote in message
oups.com...

Me here wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
I have a very large lime tree bordering a public road that is dying and
needs to be removed. The tree surgeons say traffic lights will be
needed,
can anyone tell me what the charge for them would be (North
Staffordshire.

If the supposed "Tree Surgeons" need the lights then they will have to
supply them.
or would you like the responsibility for the set-up, operation and
powering
and a resultant accident when they fail?

Get a few more quotes from more experienced tradesmen

Who would probably hire the lights and add on 10% or more, plus their
time in collecting and returning said lights. I would have thought
that the OP may well save some money if he handles this stuff himself
(asumming he has time to spare).

That's the whole idea.
You pay a little extra.
You don't have the responsibility of the "Public Liability" problem.
They do all the donkey work.
They get the permissions.

Any quality reputable tree surgeon/aboriculturalist team would arrange this
properly without fuss and do the job correctly.

Unless it's a local "Pikey" mob with a mobile phone number on the van and a
couple of brooms sticking out of the top of the White Transit Tipper, The
OP might even be able to have his drive resurfaced while they're at it with
the saving.... ;-)

Wiring 'Dual Master' motion sensing lights charbroil bad Home Repair 6 May 7th 16 08:59 PM
weird lights issue Sasha Home Repair 18 December 14th 05 02:51 PM
Lights flickering [email protected] Home Repair 5 November 1st 05 06:40 PM
Do you have Past Woodpeck Weekly Special Email? Jeremy Woodworking 2 August 8th 04 03:24 AM
House won't Sell - Need Advice [email protected] Home Ownership 14 August 7th 03 04:54 AM