Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

Default Cost for council to replace window

In article
Andy wrote:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
. uk...

Do you think my next door neighbour will let me fix his window after I
have smashed it with a sledgehammer and given him a good kicking in his
own house?

Premeditated assult as well as property damage, all admited on a public,
searchable, persistant place, nice!

Who says it was premeditated? I expect he was working with the
sledgehammer, the prat next door upset him then legged it, and the
closed door wasn't going to stop Mr. Wadsworth from telling his
neighbour what he thought of people who threaten to harm animals.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
ARWadsworth wrote:

Any ideas how much my local council will charge me to replace a 18 inch
by 18 inch window in a front door? It is the sort of glass that has wire
mesh through it.

Oh, and does the duty solicitor send you a bill or are they free?

Oh dear. Trt uk.l.m for the duty soliciter bit.

Free according to
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_rights/legal_system/police_powers.htm

Great that makes things cheaper. And no access to the net whilst in the
cells. What a disgrace. I thought criminals got everything these days.

Well, good luck with it (unless you've been unspeakably bad for
no valid reason, of course).

I have just taken accepted a caution for crimianal damage. Job done.

I must admit it was not my finest hour.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
. uk...

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...ystem/police_p
owers.htm

Great that makes things cheaper. And no access to the net whilst

in the
cells. What a disgrace. I thought criminals got everything these

days.

Well, good luck with it (unless you've been unspeakably bad for
no valid reason, of course).

I have just taken accepted a caution for crimianal damage. Job done.

I must admit it was not my finest hour.

Adam

Adam,

Now you have to tell us why you were provoked to take such actions -
sounds like a good story !

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred

In article ,
ARWadsworth writes

I have just taken accepted a caution for crimianal damage. Job done.

Glad it's over for you, apart from the relief that it must be not to have to go
to court it means you can now argue the toss with the cooncil over the
window bill and not just settle a huge demand to show contrition.

I hope it has ended with the other party realising you are not one to be
f'ckd with rather than one who needs to keep his nose clean at all costs,
but then that's none of mine or anyone else's business.

All the best, f
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

ARWadsworth wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
Well, good luck with it (unless you've been unspeakably bad for
no valid reason, of course).

I have just taken accepted a caution

You lucky, lucky, lucky *LUCKY* thing. If you ever "lose it" again
(and I know it's easy to "let go" or "snap" occasionally) try to
just drop *everything* and go somewhere else *immediately*! It
doesn't matter where, just go! N.B. Bloody hard to do, approaching
impossible!

Go well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
. uk...

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
ARWadsworth wrote:

[...]

It really is boring, just like all other neighbour arguments. My neighbour
hates me and thinks I am a ******. The same applies as to my views about
him. It is the usual ongoing feud that some neighbours have.

However on Monday evening whilst he was singing on his karaoke (I rest my
case as to the ******) I was smashing up my concrete path so I could lay an
armoured cable down to the shed. Two of my friends were there and a
"couple" of beers had been sunk (and that is the real reason I did what I
did). He did not like the noise and came out with a pick axe, threatened me
and my cats so I went for him.

Had there been no alcohol or threats to kill the cats I know who would have
been locked up. It is now the second time I have punched him but on the
first occasion he was drunk, abusive and threatening to kill me and I was
not arrested but I failed to learn. 12 hours in the cells allows you time to
think, especially on a busy Bank Holiday when you can get no sleep. Do I
hear the words "Its is time to grow up" marching in to view?

It will probably only end when one of us moves, but I do not want to sell
and the council have a waiting list for transfers so he cannot move at the
moment.

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
It really is boring, just like all other neighbour arguments. My
neighbour hates me and thinks I am a ******. The same applies as to my
views about him. It is the usual ongoing feud that some neighbours have.

You have my sympathy. I can hardly think of anything worse than not
getting on with a next door neighbour.

--
*Why is it considered necessary to screw down the lid of a coffin?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article
ARWadsworth wrote:
snip

I have just taken accepted a caution for crimianal damage. Job done.

No charge for smacking him?

I must admit it was not my finest hour.

Sometimes these things just have to be done ...
:-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
marvelous

On Wed, 03 May 2006 17:58:10 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

I have just taken accepted a caution for crimianal damage. Job done.

I must admit it was not my finest hour.

Adam

May cost you when you sell the house, but same goes for the neigbour,
even more so maybe

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
AFUE, HSPF and COP, how do they relate? [email protected] Home Ownership 37 February 23rd 05 04:03 PM
AFUE, HSPF and COP, how do they relate? [email protected] Home Repair 37 February 23rd 05 04:03 PM
Broken Window repair cost? Simmo UK diy 2 February 22nd 05 02:13 AM
Approximate cost of replacement double glazing for bay window David Hearn UK diy 8 January 14th 04 09:23 AM