Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Wade

Default DIY Fitting Gas Combi (condensing?) Boiler

Chris Bacon wrote:

"noone" (no-one).
"The car breaked hard".
"French doors".
"Dumb" (stupid).
"Meter" (metre).
"Draw" (drawer).

Ect.

"Ect." (etc.) :~)

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Andy Wade contains these words:

"Ect." (etc.) :~)

AAArgh. I knew someone who was most agrieved that her spell checker
didn't allow ect. I pointed out that this was 'cos it's etc but she
claimed she'd been spelling it like that for years so it must be right.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Cartmell

In article ,
Guy King wrote:
The message
from Andy Wade contains these words:

"Ect." (etc.) :~)

AAArgh. I knew someone who was most agrieved that her spell checker
didn't allow ect. I pointed out that this was 'cos it's etc but she
claimed she'd been spelling it like that for years so it must be right.

Of course it's ect. It's short for Et Ce Tera.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Andy Wade wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:

"noone" (no-one).
"The car breaked hard".
"French doors".
"Dumb" (stupid).
"Meter" (metre).
"Draw" (drawer).

Ect.

"Ect." (etc.) :~)

Ithangwe.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Guy King wrote:
The message from Chris Bacon contains these words:
"noone" (no-one).
"The car breaked hard".
"French doors".
"Dumb" (stupid).
"Meter" (metre).
"Draw" (drawer).

From one of the local FreeCycle groups...

"wanted wardrobe +chester drawes; my daughters chesterdrawes has fell
too pices the wardrobe the chip has gone to dust iam in bedworth; can
collect distends no truble"

You couldn't make it up, could you?

I don't even *understand* the last bit!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Owain contains these words:

AAArgh. I knew someone who was most agrieved that her spell checker
didn't allow ect. I pointed out that this was 'cos it's etc but she
claimed she'd been spelling it like that for years so it must be right.

How did she pronounce 'ec tetera'?

IIRC she didn't, just triped it.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Fri, 05 May 2006 00:34:52 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
At least that's an improvement. Their website implies you might be
braking the law in so doing.

Somebody should certainly *brake* the law....

I posted about my mistake two days ago...;-)

That's what Clarke said. Be concerned if your boss pats you on the
back - it may be a different thing between the shoulder blades ;-)

--

..andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Guy King
writes
The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

"noone" (no-one).
"The car breaked hard".
"French doors".
"Dumb" (stupid).
"Meter" (metre).
"Draw" (drawer).

From one of the local FreeCycle groups...

"wanted wardrobe +chester drawes; my daughters chesterdrawes has fell
too pices the wardrobe the chip has gone to dust iam in bedworth; can
collect distends no truble"

You couldn't make it up, could you?

Program for you lot on next week, isn't there

--
geoff