Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Reay

Default Washing machine woes!

"Simon" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there,

My 8 year old Hotpoint WD61 washing machine works well generally, but
recently I've had a problem switching the thing on. When you select a
program and switch the machine on, the washer will automatically start
when the loading door is closed.

What I'm finding is that the dorr needs to be slammed to get the ting
to switch on - sometimes Ineed to do this several times.

Anyone got any hints on how I can fix this? How to get access to the
locking mechanism from the inside - any parts I can replace to sort
this?

All the machines we've owned have allowed access to the door latch switch
from the front.

Unplug the machine !

Open the door, remove the wire loop that secures the door seal (the grey
donut), peel the seal from the case, and you can sort of fold it into the
drum. Latch switch is normally held by a couple of obvious screws near the
hole the catch fits into. Remove these, and the latch switch can be slide
out between the drum and the front of the machice. It will have a few wires
attached, note the colours and position etc.

--
73
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon

Hi there,

My 8 year old Hotpoint WD61 washing machine works well generally, but
recently I've had a problem switching the thing on. When you select a
program and switch the machine on, the washer will automatically start
when the loading door is closed.

What I'm finding is that the dorr needs to be slammed to get the ting
to switch on - sometimes Ineed to do this several times.

Anyone got any hints on how I can fix this? How to get access to the
locking mechanism from the inside - any parts I can replace to sort
this?

Thanks

Simon

Washing machine has filled up with water whilst turned off! pcyljmb UK diy 5 January 5th 06 11:45 PM
HW feed to washing machine? a UK diy 7 January 7th 05 11:32 PM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM
Box/Valve to prevent washing machine hose break and flooding? kevins_news2 Home Repair 19 April 27th 04 05:16 PM
walking washing machine Kerry Hoskin UK diy 10 February 29th 04 11:15 PM