Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Nicholson

Default CORGI for oil fired boilers?

Anyone know if there's a qualification/industry standard for oil fired
boiler/heating engineers/plumbers similar to CORGI? I'm about to
install a new oil fired boiler to replace the *two* we have now (the
house was once split into two apartments), and just to be sure I'd
like to know whether I should be looking for a particularly qualified
source of 'professional help' when the time comes....

Also - is it neccessary to seek building warant approval if I'm just
'replacing' an existing boiler?

Cheers

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

OFTEC - see http://www.oftec.co.uk/

Also - is it neccessary to seek building warant approval if I'm just
'replacing' an existing boiler?

Yup, part L again...

--
Cheers,

John.

Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Corgi registered or not..? Jinge UK diy 28 January 13th 05 11:05 PM
You have to be CORGI regiregistered to work on gas? Rick Hughes UK diy 17 November 18th 04 09:24 PM
Guarantee on new boiler DIY installed David Hearn UK diy 38 February 20th 04 10:43 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM