DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CORGI for oil fired boilers? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/150328-corgi-oil-fired-boilers.html)

Tim Nicholson March 23rd 06 10:26 AM

CORGI for oil fired boilers?

Anyone know if there's a qualification/industry standard for oil fired
boiler/heating engineers/plumbers similar to CORGI? I'm about to
install a new oil fired boiler to replace the *two* we have now (the
house was once split into two apartments), and just to be sure I'd
like to know whether I should be looking for a particularly qualified
source of 'professional help' when the time comes....

Also - is it neccessary to seek building warant approval if I'm just
'replacing' an existing boiler?

Cheers

Tim

John Rumm March 23rd 06 12:54 PM

CORGI for oil fired boilers?

OFTEC - see http://www.oftec.co.uk/

Also - is it neccessary to seek building warant approval if I'm just
'replacing' an existing boiler?

Yup, part L again...

--
Cheers,