Posted to uk.d-i-y
rob

Default totally off topic, car insurance

I have searched for a more suitable group to ask,and I brace myself for
the volley of abuse but here goes.
We have 4 cars in the family, does anyone know of a block type
insurance that is available to the public so that we can all drive each
others cars.
I've tried to put the kids on our insurance and no way even though
the sons car is a higher group than ours.
We on the other hand lowered the kids premium by putting us oldun's on
their policies.
As this group has a vast knowledge base im sure some one will know.
Appologys to those offended by my off topic question.

cheers
Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogweed

"rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have searched for a more suitable group to ask,and I brace myself for
the volley of abuse but here goes.
We have 4 cars in the family, does anyone know of a block type
insurance that is available to the public so that we can all drive each
others cars.
I've tried to put the kids on our insurance and no way even though
the sons car is a higher group than ours.
We on the other hand lowered the kids premium by putting us oldun's on
their policies.
As this group has a vast knowledge base im sure some one will know.
Appologys to those offended by my off topic question.

cheers
Rob

Sorry Rob, can't help but news:uk.rec.driving and/or news:uk.rec.cars.misc
may be of more help.

Mogweed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero

"rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have searched for a more suitable group to ask,and I brace myself for
the volley of abuse but here goes.
We have 4 cars in the family, does anyone know of a block type
insurance that is available to the public so that we can all drive each
others cars.
I've tried to put the kids on our insurance and no way even though
the sons car is a higher group than ours.
We on the other hand lowered the kids premium by putting us oldun's on
their policies.
As this group has a vast knowledge base im sure some one will know.
Appologys to those offended by my off topic question.

cheers
Rob

======================
Admiral are currently advertising such a policy on TV. Look here for
starters:

http://www.quote-my-insurance.com/ad...nsurance.shtml

Cic.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
rob

cheers that looks just the job , I will ge ta quote and see if it is.
rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.driving
Chris Bacon

rob wrote [ in uk.d-i-y ]:
I have searched for a more suitable group to ask,and I brace myself for
the volley of abuse but here goes.
We have 4 cars in the family, does anyone know of a block type
insurance that is available to the public so that we can all drive each
others cars.

You did not search very hard. If you *expect* abuse, then WTF
do you insist on posting your OT question, FCS? If you want to
find out what group is appropriate, try a Google newsgroup
search, putting in terms that you're looking for. You can then
(if it's not OT in the groups found) ask your question there,
cross-posting as appropriate (see headers), for best results
(don't multi-post). Another thing to consider is to *ask an
insurance broker*, who should be expert in this field.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.driving
Kevin

Chris Bacon wrote:

rob wrote [ in uk.d-i-y ]:
I have searched for a more suitable group to ask,and I brace myself for
the volley of abuse but here goes.
We have 4 cars in the family, does anyone know of a block type
insurance that is available to the public so that we can all drive each
others cars.

You did not search very hard. If you *expect* abuse, then WTF
do you insist on posting your OT question, FCS? If you want to
find out what group is appropriate, try a Google newsgroup
search, putting in terms that you're looking for. You can then
(if it's not OT in the groups found) ask your question there,
cross-posting as appropriate (see headers), for best results
(don't multi-post). Another thing to consider is to *ask an
insurance broker*, who should be expert in this field.

Give the guy a break. He has declared the thread to be off-topic in
the title yet still you chose to read and respond. Probably like
myself he recognises that this group is packed with people who are full
of knowledge relating to all sorts of subjects, not just DIY.

Also, since he has decided to try and bypass the broker and go direct
to an insurance company then he might argue that this is a DIY related
thread anyway.

By the way, what does FCS mean? I've found lots of definitions
including, "Flat Carbon Steel, "Fire Control Systems" and even "First
Class Stamps" but none of these quite seem to fit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Kevin wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
rob wrote [ in uk.d-i-y ]:
I have searched for a more suitable group to ask,and I brace myself for
the volley of abuse but here goes.
We have 4 cars in the family, does anyone know of a block type
insurance that is available to the public so that we can all drive each
others cars.

You did not search very hard. If you *expect* abuse, then WTF
do you insist on posting your OT question, FCS? If you want to
find out what group is appropriate, try a Google newsgroup
search, putting in terms that you're looking for. You can then
(if it's not OT in the groups found) ask your question there,
cross-posting as appropriate (see headers), for best results
(don't multi-post). Another thing to consider is to *ask an
insurance broker*, who should be expert in this field.

Give the guy a break.

There's helpful stuff in that reply. Can't you see it? I
also cross-posted to appropriate groups (but since you are
replying with no pertinent information I've removed the
x-posting from this reply).

He has declared the thread to be off-topic in
the title yet still you chose to read and respond.

If everyone ignored threads marked OT, there would be
no point in posting them. Not sure what youy're trying
to say.

Probably like
myself he recognises that this group is packed with people who are full
of knowledge relating to all sorts of subjects, not just DIY.

Absolutely. Lets have more threads on OT stuff from politics
to cooking, gambling to babycare.

By the way, what does FCS mean?

FCS — For Christ's sake. Google "usenet acronym fcs" (or guess).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think he's trying to say that if a post here is declared 'totally
off-topic' then don't be surprised to find it's nowt to do with DIY.
Any reasonable person will still respond helpfully if he's able.
Whereas a pompous **** like yourself takes offence and effortlessly
makes an idiot of himself.
I think that's what he meant....

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.driving
rob

Thanks for the support, I did indeed check lots of groups but found
them either from the states or not relevant. Anyway thanks Cicero that
did the trick not quite what I was looking for but does the job.
Yet again the vast knowledge in this group comes across.
..

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin

By the way, what does FCS mean?

FCS - For Christ's sake. Google "usenet acronym fcs" (or guess).

I googled and found 62 definitions for FCS on a single page. Not one
of them matched yours. Try taking your own advice and let me know how
many of the several hundred hits you need to try before you find a site
which matches your definition.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.driving
aston

Default totally off topic,do you still live with your parents?

I don't know if this is relevant but do you think that Mr bacon still lives
with his mum and has never had a proper girlfriend....just wondered?
"rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the support, I did indeed check lots of groups but found
them either from the states or not relevant. Anyway thanks Cicero that
did the trick not quite what I was looking for but does the job.
Yet again the vast knowledge in this group comes across.
.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

rob wrote:
I have searched for a more suitable group to ask,and I brace myself for
the volley of abuse but here goes.
We have 4 cars in the family, does anyone know of a block type
insurance that is available to the public so that we can all drive each
others cars.
I've tried to put the kids on our insurance and no way even though
the sons car is a higher group than ours.
We on the other hand lowered the kids premium by putting us oldun's on
their policies.
As this group has a vast knowledge base im sure some one will know.
Appologys to those offended by my off topic question.

Don't know about group policies but when adding the children to your
own policy as named drivers always inform the insurance company that
the kids have their own cars and insurance. Some companies will then
add less to your premium since the kids are less likely to be driving
your car (unless you're all in the habit of randomnly choosing a car to
drive).

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.misc,uk.rec.driving
Stuart

On 9 Mar 2006 02:36:55 -0800, "Kevin" wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:

rob wrote [ in uk.d-i-y ]:
[...]

I think it might something to do with that guy who got nailed to a
Cross ..

Stuart
ps....people who respond like that must be lovely people to have
around you ...