mm

Default Fallen Tree & Insurance question

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:00:40 GMT, 3rd eye
wrote:

I've got a neighbor whose tree branches fell on my garage busting up
the gutter & who knows what else.
Until the branches are removed I can't asses the damage
This occured after a heavy snow.

She's telling me her insurance won't cover it.

Insurance is something people buy for their own benefit. It has
little or nothing to do with whether the insured person himself owes
money. It only has to do with whether her insurance company will pay
what she owes. Even if they won't pay, she may owe you.

Conversely, if she doesn't owe you the money, the fact that she has
insurance doesn't mean anything to you. Even if she is "covered",
they won't pay you unless she owes you.

Related, if you sue someone for negligence, the fact that he has
insurance doesn't mean you will get paid. First the person you sue
has to be negligent. Sometimes bad things happen but no one has been
negligent. Although usually someone is.

Does this sound right?

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.