Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default totally off topic, car insurance

Kevin wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
rob wrote [ in uk.d-i-y ]:
I have searched for a more suitable group to ask,and I brace myself for
the volley of abuse but here goes.
We have 4 cars in the family, does anyone know of a block type
insurance that is available to the public so that we can all drive each
others cars.

You did not search very hard. If you *expect* abuse, then WTF
do you insist on posting your OT question, FCS? If you want to
find out what group is appropriate, try a Google newsgroup
search, putting in terms that you're looking for. You can then
(if it's not OT in the groups found) ask your question there,
cross-posting as appropriate (see headers), for best results
(don't multi-post). Another thing to consider is to *ask an
insurance broker*, who should be expert in this field.

Give the guy a break.

There's helpful stuff in that reply. Can't you see it? I
also cross-posted to appropriate groups (but since you are
replying with no pertinent information I've removed the
x-posting from this reply).

He has declared the thread to be off-topic in
the title yet still you chose to read and respond.

If everyone ignored threads marked OT, there would be
no point in posting them. Not sure what youy're trying
to say.

Probably like
myself he recognises that this group is packed with people who are full
of knowledge relating to all sorts of subjects, not just DIY.

Absolutely. Lets have more threads on OT stuff from politics
to cooking, gambling to babycare.

By the way, what does FCS mean?

FCS — For Christ's sake. Google "usenet acronym fcs" (or guess).