Posted to uk.d-i-y
Deebrief

Default Re Extendable paint brush pole

With rollers you can buy quite a long extendable pole, but I need to get to
a part of the guttering where it is impossible to get a ladder near for
painting due to curves and false roof.

Is there a pole idea out there where you can secure a paint brush ??

I have tried knotting one on, but this is fiddly.

Many thanks

Dee

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:21:08 GMT, "Deebrief"
wrote:

With rollers you can buy quite a long extendable pole, but I need to get to
a part of the guttering where it is impossible to get a ladder near for
painting due to curves and false roof.

Is there a pole idea out there where you can secure a paint brush ??

I have tried knotting one on, but this is fiddly.

Many thanks

Dee

I've often seen brushes with a tubular plastic handle, like those on
some rollers. The brushes didn't look particularly good quality but
that may not matter too much.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Deebrief wrote:
With rollers you can buy quite a long extendable pole, but I need to
get to a part of the guttering where it is impossible to get a ladder
near for painting due to curves and false roof.

Is there a pole idea out there where you can secure a paint brush ??

I have tried knotting one on, but this is fiddly.

Many thanks

Dee

I have a roller brush whereby it unscrews from the handle and screws onto a
extendable pole, however the poles for the roller where a lot dearer than a
fishermans landing net pole so you can guess which I bought. :-)

--

Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Deebrief wrote:
With rollers you can buy quite a long extendable pole, but I need to
get to a part of the guttering where it is impossible to get a ladder
near for painting due to curves and false roof.

Is there a pole idea out there where you can secure a paint brush ??

I have tried knotting one on, but this is fiddly.

Many thanks

Tape, either masking or duct and plenty of it, this it what is used in 'the
trade'...I wouldn't bother with any purpose made contraptions as the brushes
are usually (always) crap and you'll only use it once a year at most.

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Differences between paint thinner and mineral spirits... Ken Moiarty Home Repair 9 December 6th 05 11:41 PM
Cleaning oil paint from brushes asalcedo UK diy 16 November 7th 05 04:32 PM
Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 25th 05 11:34 PM
Painting horror - interior wall. Steven L Umbach Home Repair 26 September 1st 05 07:39 PM