Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Info needed on new building regs.

Apparently from 1/4/6 there's going to be another round of building regs
imposed from the OPDM.

These will (at least) require notifications/ self-certification in the
area of
Plumbing.
Ventilation.
Maybe others?

Does anyone one know what activities will fall into these categories?
I'm especially interested to know how it will affect maintenance/minor
improvments to existing dwellings.

I tried to find out this form the ODPM web site but got bogged down and/or
it wasn't there and/or it was not clear, to me at least.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave

Ed Sirett wrote:

I tried to find out this form the ODPM web site but got bogged down and/or
it wasn't there and/or it was not clear, to me at least.

Anyone who has tried to access data of the Scouts web page will think
that you have no problem ;-)
But that is not solving you access problem. You have my sympathy on very
badly made web sites.

However, can anyone tell me how the office of the fat git can bypass the
elected house of commons? Or does he pass his rantings through the house
and get them voted on?

Dave

Who used to think he lived in a democracy :-(

Quango
Brussels directive

All of which I can never have a say in :-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S

Ed Sirett wrote:

Apparently from 1/4/6 there's going to be another round of building regs
imposed from the OPDM.

These will (at least) require notifications/ self-certification in the
area of
Plumbing.

Wot? Nobody round my way takes the slightest notice of Part P, most don't
even know the existance of Part L, so this will be completely ignored.

Ventilation.

That's already covered to a degree though, isn't it?

Maybe others?

Is there anything left? Well, DIY gas is still possible, without BNA...
Perhaps all new paintwork will have to be conformant to "NuLabour Red"?

Does anyone one know what activities will fall into these categories?
I'm especially interested to know how it will affect maintenance/minor
improvments to existing dwellings.

I tried to find out this form the ODPM web site but got bogged down and/or
it wasn't there and/or it was not clear, to me at least.

I've given up trying to keep up with this stuff. Better to sin in ignorance
than in full knowledge...

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 01:05:40 +0000, Tim S wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:

Apparently from 1/4/6 there's going to be another round of building regs
imposed from the OPDM.

These will (at least) require notifications/ self-certification in the
area of
Plumbing.

Wot? Nobody round my way takes the slightest notice of Part P, most don't
even know the existance of Part L, so this will be completely ignored.

Ventilation.

That's already covered to a degree though, isn't it?

Maybe others?

Is there anything left? Well, DIY gas is still possible, without BNA...

Well you can run the gas pipes but installing a heat producing
appliance or a flue have been subject the self-certification or a BNA
since 1/4/5

Perhaps all new paintwork will have to be conformant to "NuLabour Red"?

It'll come, sooner or (hopefully much) later.