Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Simpson

Default Prescott plans a new disaster for house sales Christopher Booker Telegraph

In article , Tim S
writes

Got nowt to do with him being northern. I lived in York for some years and I
have a great respect for Yorkshiremen. Except him.

Not sure where he's from (North Wales ?), but he isn't from the hallowed
land.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "news" with "adrian" and "nospam" with "ffoil"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:29:07 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"raden" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

"Mike Harrison" wrote in message
m...
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:56:18 +0000, Tim S wrote:

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Perhaps he should look into regenerating himself first. Resignation
would be a better option, though.

Prescot has done a great job. He gets things done.

..but the wrong things.

You are making things up. Name us one?

His bus lane on the M4 for example

Great idea fro buses and taxis.

No it isn't.

It allows taxis to get from Heathrow to the Chiswick flyover a little
more quickly, whereupon they join the rest of the traffic.

Yep. That was the idea.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Tim S" wrote in message
.. .

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Perhaps he should look into regenerating himself first. Resignation
would be a better option, though.

Prescot has done a great job. He gets things done.

..but the wrong things.

You are making things up. Name us one? What is it, you don't like his
north of England accent, and that came from a working class background?
Pathetic!!!

Part P, HIP, 63+ houses per acre? Oh that's alright then.

Most think it is.

Got nowt to do with him being northern.

It is. And his accent. You a pathetic Little Middle Englander. A sycophant
too.

** snip brainwahed garbage **

The longest continuous economic growth in history. You have selective
amnesia.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
raden wrote:

You are making things up. Name us one?

His bus lane on the M4 for example

Part taking the Pee for another

Great idea as it reduces the cowboys. You those are the common type of
tradesman in Essex.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Doctor Drivel wrote:

You those are the common type of tradesman in Essex.

Does that pass for english in your neck of the woods?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger

The message
from Tim S contains these words:

Got nowt to do with him being northern. I lived in York for some years and I
have a great respect for Yorkshiremen. Except him.

Prescott a Yorkshireman. Don't be silly. Dribble is just confusing the
issue with his "northern accent". Prescott is Welsh - born in Prestatyn
and educated (after he failed the 11+) at Ellesmere Port SM (Cheshire).

He did 10 years as a steward in the merchant navy according to his biog.
According to someone I met recently he was a shop steward at (or
possibly sailing out of) Parkeston Quay (Harwich) so must have been a
near neighbour of mine when I was a lad. IIRC the North Sea ferries had
at least 3 separate crews at that time so he would have had plenty of
spare time to cause trouble even then.

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

You those are the common type of tradesman in Essex.

Does that pass for english in your neck of the woods?

Good enough for Chavs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Roger" wrote overt and shameless Rogerness in
message k...
The message
from Tim S contains these words:

Got nowt to do with him being northern.
I lived in York for some years and I
have a great respect for Yorkshiremen. Except him.

Prescott a Yorkshireman. Don't be silly.
Dribble is just confusing the
issue with his "northern accent". Prescott
is Welsh - born in Prestatyn
and educated (after he failed the 11+)
at Ellesmere Port SM (Cheshire).

He did 10 years as a steward in the
merchant navy according to his biog.
According to someone I met recently
he was a shop steward at (or
possibly sailing out of) Parkeston Quay
(Harwich) so must have been a
near neighbour of mine when I was a
lad. IIRC the North Sea ferries had
at least 3 separate crews at that time
so he would have had plenty of
spare time to cause trouble even then.

And all this is to discredit him. The good old petty snobbery Brits. Oh he
didn't come from a family with money so can't have brains. How pathetic.
BTW, he also spent time at a snot uni called Oxford.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"Doctor Drivel" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Roger" wrote overt and shameless Rogerness in
message k...
The message
from Tim S contains these words:

Got nowt to do with him being northern.
I lived in York for some years and I
have a great respect for Yorkshiremen. Except him.

Prescott a Yorkshireman. Don't be silly.
Dribble is just confusing the
issue with his "northern accent". Prescott
is Welsh - born in Prestatyn
and educated (after he failed the 11+)
at Ellesmere Port SM (Cheshire).

Goes to show how pathetic the 11 plus is then. And this abomination is still
going!!!! Prescot gained a degree in economics and economic history and
attended Ruskin College, Oxford and the University of Hull.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Doctor Drivel wrote:

And all this is to discredit him.

I don't think that his bio discredits him... do you?

The fact that he is an obnoxious git on the other hand does.

The good old petty snobbery Brits.

Like as demonstrated by John "concrete over the south east" Prescott -
yes I am with you on that one.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

And all this is to discredit him.

I don't think that his bio discredits him... do you?

The fact that he is an obnoxious git on the other hand does.

He is not obnoxious at all, he just doesn't have the accent you like or
aspire to because it is a north of England accent, or an accent you
sycophantically look up to when you hear it. He is very good at his job and
doesn't take any crap of permanent civil servant with silly arrrrcccents.

The good old petty snobbery Brits.

Like as demonstrated by John "concrete over the south east" Prescott - yes
I am with you on that one.

Concrete over the south east? The Home Counties are under populated. The
south each as whole only has about 7.7% of the land settled. Prescot said
build high density which you should like. You appear to want open fields
doing nothing and paid to be doing nothing by our taxpayers money, making
rich people even richer. That is what you have. So, you should be
delighted.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Doctor Drivel wrote:

He is not obnoxious at all,

LOL! Stop telling porkies.

he just doesn't have the accent you like or
aspire to because it is a north of England accent,

You obviously have a bit of hang up about accents. Do people still tease
you about yours?

I actually rather like many of our regional accents, and they never
bother me as long as the speaker remains intelligible. Intelligibility
however is something that Prescott lacks in spades - not due to his
accent - but due to the steam of incomprehensible babble that spews from
him.

In fact the only other person I can think of who regularly speaks so
much incomprehensible clap trap, is you. Perhaps that is why you are
such a fan - he speaks your language?

He is very good at his job

= an embarrassment

Still compared to some of the other deadwood we have in cabinet
positions he is not alone there.

Prescot said build high density which you should like.

Not a fan of slums in waiting, so no. It seems few people want to live
in the "affordable" (i.e. overcrowded rabbit hutch) housing he seems so
keen to build, and no one is going to be able to sustain any quality of
life in these houses unless he is also prepared to build the
infrastructure required to support all these extra people.

You appear to
want open fields doing nothing and paid to be doing nothing by our
taxpayers money, making rich people even richer. That is what you have.
So, you should be delighted.

Did Prescott say that? Sounds like his sort of clap trap.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colum Mylod

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:48:23 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

[Bus lane M4]
It allows taxis to get from Heathrow to the Chiswick flyover a little
more quickly, whereupon they join the rest of the traffic.

in the slow lane where buses get overtaken by the cars they passed out
before. Figures for improvement here have been fiddled by speed limit
changes. The elevated section takes care of any gains by taxis in the
taxi lane ("bus lane" is a bit of a misnomer).

What is noticeable is how that lane is not covered by the 4 speed
cameras. Everything on it whizzes by well above the 60/40 limit the
other lanes have imposed by the yellow boxes.

The bus lane on the M4 as well as the one on the spur road into the
central area terminals are completely worthless and simply make
matters worse.

But look at what profits the M4 spur camera must make scalping
tourists on the home run to the rental returns!

--
New anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:

He is not obnoxious at all,

LOL! Stop telling porkies.

Your pseudo pretentious Essex Chavness is getting the best of you.

he just doesn't have the accent you like or aspire to because it is a
north of England accent,

You obviously have a bit of hang up about accents.

The country has one, as they judge people by their accents, particularly in
the pretentious south. And you have thing about it.

Do people still tease you about yours?

I sound like James Bond.

I actually rather like many of our regional accents,

Quaint aren't they? Bult you still look down on them, and have one of those
accents on a man in charge of the country or in charge of southerners? My,
oh, my.

and they never bother me

As long as they don't tell you what to do.

as long as the speaker remains intelligible.

That rules Essex out then.

Intelligibility however is something that Prescott lacks in spades - not
due to his accent - but due to the steam of incomprehensible babble that
spews from him.

Well you are from Essex.

** snip babbling Essex Chavness **