Posted to uk.d-i-y
jd

Default Condenser Dryer Problem - where's the water going

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help. I've got a White Knight condenser tumble
dryer. The water normally collects in a removable plastic tank which
needs emptying after a few uses. However, the water is now no longer
being collected in this tank, the dryer still heats up and the clothes
get dried (eventually!) but I am curious as to what might be wrong.
Also, I'm assuming that the water normally collected in the tank is
simply evaporating into the atmosphere. Any ideas?
Thanks,

JD

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan delaMare-Lyon

"jd" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help. I've got a White Knight condenser tumble
dryer. The water normally collects in a removable plastic tank which
needs emptying after a few uses. However, the water is now no longer
being collected in this tank, the dryer still heats up and the clothes
get dried (eventually!) but I am curious as to what might be wrong.
Also, I'm assuming that the water normally collected in the tank is
simply evaporating into the atmosphere. Any ideas?
Thanks,

Depending on what you are drying you'd sure as hell know if it was
evaporating into the environment as you'd find your kitchen/lounge/utility
room/whatever [delete as appropriate] bathed in steam - have you ever opened
the door about 20 mins in while drying say - jeans? The cloud of wataer
vapour that comes out looks like a dry ice effect - stunning!

If yours is anything like ours (and Bosch and WHite Night seem to have a lot
in common conondenser wise - someone suggested the bosch ones were made by
white knght?) there's a pipe at the back that you can pop off to connect a
drain hose - check that hasn't come adrift.

Failing that - the only other reason I can find for this is that the bottom
corner where the condensate gets pumped up into the drawer could be clogged
with crap. Have you taken the condenser unit out, cleaned that through
thoroughly, cleaned the air path from the drum down to the condenser ad
hoovered that thru - then - stick yer arm into the back behind the condenser
drain channel - it goes *right to the back* of the unit. There you'll
probably find untold crap collected around the back and in the base. If you
feel around you'll probably find something grim and matted and invariable
blue/brown and quite fowl smelling in the corner - it's a case of get out as
much as you can!

As a rule I do this once a month and have never had a blockage.

You could do this more easily and effecively if you too the top and the two
side panels off - as you could get totally inside then - but that's a bit of
an arse as if Bosch and White Knight are the same - they use a pig awful
slot-cum-star head screw that's put in with a threadlock solution - so takes
quite a bit of effort - but quite easy to do if you have 20 mins and are
patient.

When you do get inside there'll be a lot of fluff caught in places you never
imagined it could get - out with the hoover if you are going this far -
and - even consider taking the drive belt plate off he back if it has one -
it gets all sorts of cack in there too.

Have fun! Let us know how you get on....if that doesn't solve it - then I'd
suggest runnning it out in open space and seeing where the water is
going.......I reckon what I've suggested should help work things out tho

[condenser user for - errm - 8 years - and ours gets a real thrasing work
wise!]

Cheers
Dan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hellraiser

Had same problem with mine when I dismantled it - where the outlet socket is
on the back there is a small plastic tub inside with 3 hoses going to it,
most likely one of these has come off. Check underneath the dryer, you will
most likely find a puddle if this is the case

Hellraiser..........

"jd" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there,

Wondering if anyone can help. I've got a White Knight condenser tumble
dryer. The water normally collects in a removable plastic tank which
needs emptying after a few uses. However, the water is now no longer
being collected in this tank, the dryer still heats up and the clothes
get dried (eventually!) but I am curious as to what might be wrong.
Also, I'm assuming that the water normally collected in the tank is
simply evaporating into the atmosphere. Any ideas?
Thanks,

JD

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RedOnRed

With my Hotpoint the condenser needs cleaning out regularly. If not, no
doubt it could lead to your problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

However, the water is now no longer being collected in this
tank, the dryer still heats up and the clothes get dried
(eventually!) but I am curious as to what might be wrong.

Do you clean the heat exchanger regularly? If not, or you have no idea what
the heat exchanger even is, then that is likely to be the issue.

Christian.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve

I posted on here a month ago or so with the same problem with my White
Knight condenser. Nobody gave me any practical suggestions but i will
be trying the above so thanks guys!

With mine as soon as i plugged it in it never filled the waste bottle
and my entire room was a cloud of humid moist air however a month down
the line we are now getting half a bottle full of liquid at the end of
a cycle. The air is still moist and Humid though so i will be trying
the above suggestions tonight.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dan delaMare-Lyon

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...
I posted on here a month ago or so with the same problem with my White
Knight condenser. Nobody gave me any practical suggestions but i will
be trying the above so thanks guys!

With mine as soon as i plugged it in it never filled the waste bottle
and my entire room was a cloud of humid moist air however a month down
the line we are now getting half a bottle full of liquid at the end of
a cycle. The air is still moist and Humid though so i will be trying
the above suggestions tonight.

Steve I posted pretty much the same notes a month ago - wonder why you
didn't get em?

Cheers
Dan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Im having the same problem but my cloths are drying fine there is no puddle of water and no steam or cloudy smoke in the room its working as it should except the water draw is not filling up so where is the water going Im so confused

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ng-234769-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well that's probably to using home owners club interface to usenet which
does not quote the original message and also tends to allow you to reply to
very old posts. In case you do not know its merely a portal onto Usenet, a
text based messaging system which predates the web on the internet and I
think still has a lot to offer.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"karl" wrote in message
roupdirect.com...
I'm having the same problem but my cloths are drying fine there is no
puddle of water and no steam or cloudy smoke in the room it's working as
it should except the water draw is not filling up so where is the water
going I'm so confused

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ng-234769-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

karl brought next idea :
Im having the same problem but my cloths are drying fine there is no puddle
of water and no steam or cloudy smoke in the room its working as it should
except the water draw is not filling up so where is the water going Im so
confused

The water is obviously ending up in the Homeowners server, because it
keeps regurgitating old posts, in this case one from 15 years ago.