Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Default Health & Safety gone too far...?

Just taken delivery of some very nice "1000V insulated live line working
tools" Along with said tools is an instruction sheet; slightly odd
since if you are buying them you really should know what you are doing.
Amongst the info therein is such advice as 'keep dry' , 'keep separate
from other tools which could damage the insulation' both fairly
obvious. The last one is priceless; 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED ON OR NEAR
ENERGISED EQUIPMENT'
Anyway they look nice in the tool case g

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Grumpy owd man wrote:
Just taken delivery of some very nice "1000V insulated live line working
tools" Along with said tools is an instruction sheet; slightly odd
since if you are buying them you really should know what you are doing.
Amongst the info therein is such advice as 'keep dry' , 'keep separate
from other tools which could damage the insulation' both fairly
obvious. The last one is priceless; 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED ON OR NEAR
ENERGISED EQUIPMENT'
Anyway they look nice in the tool case g

There was a piece in the press about similar daft instruction sheets the
other week... one which springs to mind was a birthday card for a
two-year-old emblazoned with a big furry "2", and on the back in small
print the immortal words "not suitable for children under 3"

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

"Lobster" wrote in message
news
Grumpy owd man wrote:
Just taken delivery of some very nice "1000V insulated live line working
tools" Along with said tools is an instruction sheet; slightly odd
since if you are buying them you really should know what you are doing.
Amongst the info therein is such advice as 'keep dry' , 'keep separate
from other tools which could damage the insulation' both fairly
obvious. The last one is priceless; 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED ON OR NEAR
ENERGISED EQUIPMENT'
Anyway they look nice in the tool case g

There was a piece in the press about similar daft instruction sheets the
other week... one which springs to mind was a birthday card for a
two-year-old emblazoned with a big furry "2", and on the back in small
print the immortal words "not suitable for children under 3"

I read that as 'immoral'.

I really MUST go to bed ...

Mary

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

Just taken delivery of some very nice "1000V insulated live line working
tools"
The last one is priceless; 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED ON OR NEAR
ENERGISED EQUIPMENT'

Surely a case of being returned as not fit for the purpose...

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

The last one is priceless; 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED ON OR NEAR
ENERGISED EQUIPMENT'

Surely a case of being returned as not fit for the purpose...

Mmmmm, never thought of that. Still they've got to be better than a
socket set and a pair of marigolds!!!
I may even contact the supplier and ask what I can use them on! A bit
over the top for working on the car though

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:32:19 +0000 (UTC), "Grumpy owd man"
wrote:

|Just taken delivery of some very nice "1000V insulated live line working
|tools" Along with said tools is an instruction sheet; slightly odd
|since if you are buying them you really should know what you are doing.
|Amongst the info therein is such advice as 'keep dry' , 'keep separate
|from other tools which could damage the insulation' both fairly
|obvious. The last one is priceless; 'WARNING NOT TO BE USED ON OR NEAR
|ENERGISED EQUIPMENT'
|Anyway they look nice in the tool case g

The New Scientist has a whole page of these every week.
Next to the last page.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg! http://www.gutenberg.net