Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamfree!

Default Non-slip bathroom tiles - source sought!

Hi all.

I'm refitting a wetroom. I need to source ceramic floor tiles which have
sufficient texture to offer an amount of grip when the floor's wet and wet
feet are walking on it.

I'm hoping to avoid the swimming-pool tiles which have those substantial
raised domes - I just need a tile with sufficient texture to offer a degree
of confidence.

None of the local tile suppliers (in a biggish UK city) can offer or suggest
anything. Several web searches performed without getting even close!

All suggestions welcomed.

Thanks and regards.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I used Travertine Mosaics on mine, just the job, not slippy at all.

Cheers

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y
DJC

Spamfree! wrote:

I'm refitting a wetroom. I need to source ceramic floor tiles which have
sufficient texture to offer an amount of grip when the floor's wet and wet
feet are walking on it.

I have a slate effect tile made by Marca Corona
http://www.marcacorona.it The web site dosn't illustrate things very
well but something like 'Ekos Stone'
Anyway they look like this
http://www.ordior.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/floorTiles.jpeg
and were supplied and fitted by http://www.caesarceramics.co.uk/ under
the name 'Geos Black'.

These are porcelain, very solid, give good grip, and comfortable to bare
feet despite appearances. They also catch the light with interesting
colour effects.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamfree!

Thanks to both.

Regards.

"Spamfree!" wrote in message
Hi all.

I'm refitting a wetroom. I need to source ceramic floor tiles which have
sufficient texture to offer an amount of grip when the floor's wet and wet
feet are walking on it.

I'm hoping to avoid the swimming-pool tiles which have those substantial
raised domes - I just need a tile with sufficient texture to offer a
degree of confidence.

None of the local tile suppliers (in a biggish UK city) can offer or
suggest anything. Several web searches performed without getting even
close!

All suggestions welcomed.

Thanks and regards.

Concrete roof tiles repair question miamicuse Home Repair 4 November 14th 05 05:34 AM
Laying porcelain tiles in bathroom Deville UK diy 8 September 8th 05 07:30 AM
Source of old thermoplastic tiles in West Midlands Moonshine UK diy 5 July 11th 04 05:14 PM
Matching old roof tiles. Kevin UK diy 7 March 9th 04 05:39 PM
Best way to source replacement damaged tiles? tony sayer UK diy 1 July 3rd 03 09:30 PM