DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Non-slip bathroom tiles - source sought! (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/140343-non-slip-bathroom-tiles-source-sought.html)

Spamfree! January 15th 06 08:30 PM

Non-slip bathroom tiles - source sought!

Hi all.

I'm refitting a wetroom. I need to source ceramic floor tiles which have
sufficient texture to offer an amount of grip when the floor's wet and wet
feet are walking on it.

I'm hoping to avoid the swimming-pool tiles which have those substantial
raised domes - I just need a tile with sufficient texture to offer a degree
of confidence.

None of the local tile suppliers (in a biggish UK city) can offer or suggest
anything. Several web searches performed without getting even close!

All suggestions welcomed.

Thanks and regards.

[email protected] January 16th 06 11:17 AM

Non-slip bathroom tiles - source sought!

I used Travertine Mosaics on mine, just the job, not slippy at all.

Cheers

Richard

DJC January 16th 06 12:49 PM

Spamfree! wrote:

I'm refitting a wetroom. I need to source ceramic floor tiles which have
sufficient texture to offer an amount of grip when the floor's wet and wet
feet are walking on it.

I have a slate effect tile made by Marca Corona
http://www.marcacorona.it The web site dosn't illustrate things very
well but something like 'Ekos Stone'
Anyway they look like this
http://www.ordior.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/floorTiles.jpeg
and were supplied and fitted by http://www.caesarceramics.co.uk/ under
the name 'Geos Black'.

These are porcelain, very solid, give good grip, and comfortable to bare
feet despite appearances. They also catch the light with interesting
colour effects.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"