DKSanders

Default Draining unvented system

I want to tap into the cold water main to take a feed for a new electric
shower. The house has an unvented hot water system (Megaflo type).

Are there any special things to do/be aware of before I shut off the main
stop cock and drain the system/refill afterwards?

Many thanks in advance.

BigWallop

"DKSanders" wrote in message
I want to tap into the cold water main to take a feed for a new electric
shower. The house has an unvented hot water system (Megaflo type).

Are there any special things to do/be aware of before I shut off the main
stop cock and drain the system/refill afterwards?

Many thanks in advance.

Just make sure you've turned everything "OFF" before you do the job. Then
make sure you turn everything back "ON" and check for leaks when you're
done.

Ed Sirett

Christian McArdle wrote:

I want to tap into the cold water main to take a feed for a new electric
shower. The house has an unvented hot water system (Megaflo type).

I've obviously misunderstood the question. You have a Megaflo and you want
to install an instaneous heated electric shower? Why?

The only reasons I can think of a
1) S/He wants to add a shower but getting the HW over is really
disruptive? (as opposed to the mains CW and the electric and the switch
gear... Um...)
2) S/He's afraid the boier will pack in - but Megaflows come delivered
with a (double thermostat) immersion, so just run 15A to it!

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Draining CH System (again) SadKate*** UK diy 3 August 14th 03 10:33 AM
Water system problem BigWallop UK diy 2 August 8th 03 11:12 AM
Unvented HW & CH System Questions Kevin Walton UK diy 4 July 23rd 03 12:37 PM
mains Hot water, and do I convert open heating to a closed heating system Ian Tracey UK diy 5 July 18th 03 09:55 AM
Trying to understand my plumbing system Richard Clay UK diy 3 July 12th 03 12:19 AM