Ed Sirett

Default Draining unvented system

Christian McArdle wrote:

I want to tap into the cold water main to take a feed for a new electric
shower. The house has an unvented hot water system (Megaflo type).

I've obviously misunderstood the question. You have a Megaflo and you want
to install an instaneous heated electric shower? Why?

The only reasons I can think of a
1) S/He wants to add a shower but getting the HW over is really
disruptive? (as opposed to the mains CW and the electric and the switch
gear... Um...)
2) S/He's afraid the boier will pack in - but Megaflows come delivered
with a (double thermostat) immersion, so just run 15A to it!

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk