DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Draining unvented system (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/1398-draining-unvented-system.html)

DKSanders August 25th 03 01:21 AM

Draining unvented system

I want to tap into the cold water main to take a feed for a new electric
shower. The house has an unvented hot water system (Megaflo type).

Are there any special things to do/be aware of before I shut off the main
stop cock and drain the system/refill afterwards?

Many thanks in advance.

BigWallop August 25th 03 03:01 AM

Draining unvented system

"DKSanders" wrote in message
I want to tap into the cold water main to take a feed for a new electric
shower. The house has an unvented hot water system (Megaflo type).

Are there any special things to do/be aware of before I shut off the main
stop cock and drain the system/refill afterwards?

Many thanks in advance.

Just make sure you've turned everything "OFF" before you do the job. Then
make sure you turn everything back "ON" and check for leaks when you're
done.

Ed Sirett August 26th 03 05:53 PM

Draining unvented system

Christian McArdle wrote:

I want to tap into the cold water main to take a feed for a new electric
shower. The house has an unvented hot water system (Megaflo type).

I've obviously misunderstood the question. You have a Megaflo and you want
to install an instaneous heated electric shower? Why?

The only reasons I can think of a
1) S/He wants to add a shower but getting the HW over is really
disruptive? (as opposed to the mains CW and the electric and the switch
gear... Um...)
2) S/He's afraid the boier will pack in - but Megaflows come delivered
with a (double thermostat) immersion, so just run 15A to it!

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk