Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing TV from stand

This problem might appear silly, but I cannot remove my TV from its
stand.

I have a CRT Toshiba 28" TV which I inherited, that is positioned on a
stand. This is one of these open box types with 2 shelves for including
2 other electrical boxes, dvd, vhs recorder etc. What I want to do is
simply remove the TV from the stand. However, it appears to be locked
to it on the front right hand side corner. It can be swivelled around
this point however. On the underside of this area is a small
cylindrical 'hinge' type device, with a button inside which can be
pushed in or out. I had presumed this was for locking the TV to the
stand. However, regardless of whether I push the button in or release
it, the TV still remains stubbornly stuck by this one corner to the
stand. I don't want to use excess force for fear of damaging both the
stand and underside of the TV.

Any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated.

Metal Working Machinery New and Used in Australia and for Export [email protected] Metalworking 0 February 23rd 05 02:54 AM
Stand Pipe Overflowing [email protected] UK diy 7 January 4th 05 06:28 PM
Jet Mini Lathe stand - Craftsman robdingnagian1 Woodturning 2 December 13th 04 10:39 PM
Music stand Tim Schubach Woodworking 10 December 5th 04 12:30 AM
Removing Caulk PC Woodworking 2 August 2nd 03 04:29 PM