Tim Schubach

Default Music stand

Some time ago ( years ), FWW had a really nice music stand that I wanted to
make for someone at my church. We moved away shortly after that, and I
never get around to making it. But now my daughter is really involved in
music, and has asked for a music stand, but I can't find the article in any
of my "archives".

Does anyone know where I can see some music stand plans?

TIA,
Tim

DarylRos

Some time ago ( years ), FWW had a really nice music stand that I wanted to
make for someone at my church.

Well, I had one published last year in FWW if that's what you meant. No plans,
I designed it myself. If you mean a really awesome one, that would be Wharton
Esherick's music stand, that puts mine, and probably everyone else's to shame.
Ther eis a website for the museum built where his studio was.
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:27:46 -0500, "Tim Schubach"
spake the words:

Some time ago ( years ), FWW had a really nice music stand that I wanted to
make for someone at my church. We moved away shortly after that, and I
never get around to making it. But now my daughter is really involved in
music, and has asked for a music stand, but I can't find the article in any
of my "archives".

Does anyone know where I can see some music stand plans?

www.finewoodworking.com
and
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...ns+music+stand
are 2 good starting points, don't you think?

-- I'm in touch with my Inner Curmudgeon. --
patriarch

"Tim Schubach" wrote in
:

snip

Does anyone know where I can see some music stand plans?

No plans, but pictures, at least as far back as 'Design Book 2', which
included maybe 4 or 5 of them.

This project has always fascinated me, but is far enough down the to-do
list that I haven't started drawing pictures yet...

Patriarch
mark

"Tim Schubach" wrote in message
Some time ago ( years ), FWW had a really nice music stand that I wanted
make for someone at my church. We moved away shortly after that, and I
never get around to making it. But now my daughter is really involved in
music, and has asked for a music stand, but I can't find the article in
any
of my "archives".

Does anyone know where I can see some music stand plans?

TIA,
Tim

If you wanna cough up about 12 bucks for the plans for this one, you could
see them.

http://www.musikit.com/Merchant2/mer...egory_Code=Pod

Larry Bud

"Tim Schubach" wrote in message ...
Some time ago ( years ), FWW had a really nice music stand that I wanted to
make for someone at my church. We moved away shortly after that, and I
never get around to making it. But now my daughter is really involved in
music, and has asked for a music stand, but I can't find the article in any
of my "archives".

Before you dive into this, if the music stand is going to travel, I
don't think making it out of wood is the best idea because of weight.
There are some good lightweight music stands out there. The last
thing you want is to be fumbling around with a 10 lb stand.

OTOH, if it's for home use, rarely moved, go for it!
Robert Galloway

Along the lines of a music stand, anybody have plans for a bent wood
bicycle rack along the lines of a wood music stand?

bob g.

Morris Dovey wrote:
J T wrote:

Thu, Dec 2, 2004, 2:27pm
(Tim Schubach) wonders:
snip Does anyone know where I can see some music stand plans?

Yes.

Really should leave you hanging, until you learn to rephrase your
questions.

Tim...

There's a wonderful web page about getting information on usenet titled
"How to ask smart questions" that you might find helpful.

You can find a link to it (along with links to some other usenet info)
at
http://www.iedu.com/c - I put the links up for new C programmers, but
the usenet stuff is generally applicable.

Morris Dovey

Robert Galloway wrote:

Along the lines of a music stand, anybody have plans for a bent wood
bicycle rack along the lines of a wood music stand?

DAGS

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Robert Galloway

Did the google search. Didn't find much. I'm hoping to find somebody
has made a bentwood lamination type bicycle rack that leans against the
wall and can hold a couple of bikes. Didn't find anything in google
proper or google news search. I'll keep looking.

bob g.

Morris Dovey wrote:

Robert Galloway wrote:

Along the lines of a music stand, anybody have plans for a bent wood
bicycle rack along the lines of a wood music stand?

DAGS

Stability of large tv on stand MIchael Jasper Home Repair 9 October 16th 04 01:45 PM
Stability of large tv on stand MIchael Jasper Home Ownership 9 October 16th 04 01:45 PM
Music stand k Woodworking 2 June 19th 04 05:03 AM
stand for Nova DVR william kossack Woodturning 12 February 8th 04 11:55 AM
jet mini stand question Walker Woodturning 8 November 7th 03 08:50 PM