robdingnagian1

Default Jet Mini Lathe stand - Craftsman

I was thinking of purchasing this stand for my Jet Mini Lathe. It looks
plenty big enough and I think it should work if I bolt my lathe to it.

See Craftsman item: Craftsman Workbench for Lathe

Sears item #00922249000 Mfr. model #22249 Description: "Lathe stand
designed for mounting most Sears lathes. Measures 28 1/2W x 34H x 54
1/2L in. Lathe not included." Weight is 78 lbs.

Its $99.99 less Craftsman Club discounts. It can probably be had for
$90.00. This is somewhat cheaper than the Jet Mini stand which would
require an extra extension because I have the bed extension. This one
also has a lower shelf. I saw one put together half @$$ed at the store.
I wasn't impressed with the assembly but the stand looked okay.

Does anyone have one? Any comments? How about the Jet stand?
Feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric T

Steven Raphael

I have seen this lathe stand when it was put together correctly and it does
seem to be fairly sturdy so it should work for the Jet. Personally I built
my own stand for a Delta Midi lathe. I have since upgraded to a larger lathe
and I am using the same stand as I used for the Delta.

Enjoy Turning to the maximum

Steven Raphael

robdingnagian1

Steven Raphael wrote:
I have seen this lathe stand when it was put together correctly and

it does
seem to be fairly sturdy so it should work for the Jet. Personally I

built
my own stand for a Delta Midi lathe. I have since upgraded to a

larger lathe
and I am using the same stand as I used for the Delta.

Enjoy Turning to the maximum

Steven Raphael

Thanks. I saw it at another store and it was much nicer. I bought it
mainly because I had a 10% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket plus
the Craftsman Club 10% discount. It was just over $80.00. I would have
preferred to build one too. However, I plan to use this lathe this
winter in my basement. Most of my other stuff is in the garage. The
combination of the cold and my unwillingness to move a bunch of stuff
out into the driveway have forced me to realize that the main shop will
be closed for the season. Now begins the migration to the basement.
SWMBO won't know what hit her. First, scroll saw and lathe. Then....
Thanks for your reply Steven.

Eric

Mini lathe semi-mobile stand (pictures) Ken Vaughn Woodturning 5 August 12th 04 05:52 AM
New Mini Lathe Darrell Feltmate Woodturning 3 December 27th 03 02:19 AM
craftsman 109.20630 mini lathe -- my first lathe!! yay!! drew j. Metalworking 5 November 22nd 03 12:46 AM
Jet Mini Pen Lathe Grandpa Woodturning 1 November 13th 03 04:30 AM
Jet mini pen lathe Grandpa Woodworking 0 November 12th 03 07:13 PM