Default Stand Pipe Overflowing

Hi

I have a dishwasher which puts it's waste out into an open stand pipe.

This stand pipe then connects to the sink waste and flows down a long
40mm pipe across under my kitchen floor (concrete and tiled) and to an
outside drain.

I have a problem in that when soapy water is drained down the sink, i
can see bubbles and a small amount of water flowing out of the top of
the stand pipe. I have made the stand pipe as high as possible, but
the problem still happens.

I've checked for any blockages, and tried clearing the pipe just to be
sure with Caustic soda etc.

I'm pretty sure that because the fall of the waste pipe isn't that big,
water is favouring the easiest route and partially going out of the
stand pipe.

Is there any way that I can seal the top of the stand pipe that the
dishwasher outputs into, or does anyone else have a suggestion that
will save me having to dig up the concreted kitchen floor!
Many thanks

Charles

Ric

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

How close is the sink to the dishwasher? You can get traps that have a
spurr coming off them for attaching washing machines/dishwashers. If the
waste pipe from the dishwasher will reach then this would be one solution -
you could do away with the standpipe altogether then.

Thanks for your reply - it makes sense all of a sudden.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=12794

Ideal! Thanks for the tip - I'll go out tomorrow to my local plumbing
merchant and buy one of these.

Charles

Hi

I thought the same too, but after rodding (using the small flexible
metal pipes from b&q for unblocking drains), and caustic soda'ing 3
times, and then using one shot drain cleaner, I am pretty sure that
it's not blocked.

Only thing I can think of is that the 40mm pipe could be partially
crushed under the concrete somewhere. The flow coming out of the drain
end, isn't bad at all, and if I flush just water down the sink, it's ok
(doesnt come up the stand pipe). It's only when bubbles are in it - ie
after washing up, that the bubbles rush out of the stand pipe.

I am going to try this:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=12794

Hopefully should do the trick.
Fingers crossed- thanks for your advice tho.

Charles