Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim_in_sussex

Default RJ11 socket module availability?

Does anyone know of a source for RJ11 module sockets similar to the
RJ45 module sockets sold by TLC? These are about 50mm x 25mm & click
into a face plate which in turn goes onto a standard 85mm square
mounting box? [ie similar style to TLC catalog page 224 item no
CX-402R.]

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
"jim_in_sussex" writes:
Does anyone know of a source for RJ11 module sockets similar to the
RJ45 module sockets sold by TLC? These are about 50mm x 25mm & click
into a face plate which in turn goes onto a standard 85mm square
mounting box? [ie similar style to TLC catalog page 224 item no
CX-402R.]

You can plug an RJ11 into an RJ45 socket.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
PC Paul

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article .com,
"jim_in_sussex" writes:
Does anyone know of a source for RJ11 module sockets similar to the
RJ45 module sockets sold by TLC? These are about 50mm x 25mm &
click into a face plate which in turn goes onto a standard 85mm
square mounting box? [ie similar style to TLC catalog page 224 item
no CX-402R.]

You can plug an RJ11 into an RJ45 socket.

Yuck.

If you want a modular jack (Keystone is a good keyword to use...) then
there's one here
http://www.euronetwork.co.uk/acatalo...one_Range.html

If you are thinking ADSL then the limited range Solwise do could be
interesting - for instance a replacement faceplate for a BT socket with an
ADSL splitter built in and an RJ-11 and BT plug on the front.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke

In article , PC Paul
wrote:

If you are thinking ADSL then the limited range Solwise do could be
interesting - for instance a replacement faceplate for a BT socket with
an ADSL splitter built in and an RJ-11 and BT plug on the front.

ADSL Nation are worth a look too -
http://www.adslnation.co.uk/products/index.php

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember "jim_in_sussex"
saying something like:

Does anyone know of a source for RJ11 module sockets similar to the
RJ45 module sockets sold by TLC? These are about 50mm x 25mm & click
into a face plate which in turn goes onto a standard 85mm square
mounting box? [ie similar style to TLC catalog page 224 item no
CX-402R.]

The Irish phone system uses RJ11 socketry, so there's a starting point.

If all you want is a few RJ11 faceplates, let me know.
--
Dave
GS850x2 SE6a

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grumpy owd man

Maplins, RS, CPC, Farnell, W&F, Wades, CEF just make sure you get the
RJ11 and not the MMJ with the offset 'key way'

Midway Phone Socket Kroma UK diy 43 October 31st 05 10:24 AM
Weird phone wiring with new flat - help needed with BT Broadband and master socket kiich UK diy 30 August 30th 05 11:04 PM
PLEASE HELP !! Toshiba 32ZD08B Stuck in Standby + Green Screen (help locating the Teletext module) Scott Electronics Repair 3 November 20th 04 01:57 PM
lamp socket mounting sizes (not bulb size) Ben Home Repair 2 December 30th 03 07:09 PM
Question regarding adding an extra socket to the ring main Fiona Reid UK diy 10 September 3rd 03 04:45 PM