DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RJ11 socket module availability? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/137620-rj11-socket-module-availability.html)

jim_in_sussex December 29th 05 07:49 PM

RJ11 socket module availability?

Does anyone know of a source for RJ11 module sockets similar to the
RJ45 module sockets sold by TLC? These are about 50mm x 25mm & click
into a face plate which in turn goes onto a standard 85mm square
mounting box? [ie similar style to TLC catalog page 224 item no
CX-402R.]

TIA

Andrew Gabriel December 29th 05 08:33 PM

RJ11 socket module availability?

In article .com,
"jim_in_sussex" writes:
Does anyone know of a source for RJ11 module sockets similar to the
RJ45 module sockets sold by TLC? These are about 50mm x 25mm & click
into a face plate which in turn goes onto a standard 85mm square
mounting box? [ie similar style to TLC catalog page 224 item no
CX-402R.]

You can plug an RJ11 into an RJ45 socket.

--
Andrew Gabriel

PC Paul December 29th 05 09:33 PM

RJ11 socket module availability?

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article .com,
"jim_in_sussex" writes:
Does anyone know of a source for RJ11 module sockets similar to the
RJ45 module sockets sold by TLC? These are about 50mm x 25mm &
click into a face plate which in turn goes onto a standard 85mm
square mounting box? [ie similar style to TLC catalog page 224 item
no CX-402R.]

You can plug an RJ11 into an RJ45 socket.

Yuck.

If you want a modular jack (Keystone is a good keyword to use...) then
there's one here
http://www.euronetwork.co.uk/acatalo...one_Range.html

If you are thinking ADSL then the limited range Solwise do could be
interesting - for instance a replacement faceplate for a BT socket with an
ADSL splitter built in and an RJ-11 and BT plug on the front.

Mike Clarke December 29th 05 10:46 PM

RJ11 socket module availability?

In article , PC Paul
wrote:

If you are thinking ADSL then the limited range Solwise do could be
interesting - for instance a replacement faceplate for a BT socket with
an ADSL splitter built in and an RJ-11 and BT plug on the front.

ADSL Nation are worth a look too -
http://www.adslnation.co.uk/products/index.php

--
Mike Clarke

Grimly Curmudgeon December 30th 05 01:02 AM

RJ11 socket module availability?

drugs began to take hold. I remember "jim_in_sussex"
saying something like:

Does anyone know of a source for RJ11 module sockets similar to the
RJ45 module sockets sold by TLC? These are about 50mm x 25mm & click
into a face plate which in turn goes onto a standard 85mm square
mounting box? [ie similar style to TLC catalog page 224 item no
CX-402R.]

The Irish phone system uses RJ11 socketry, so there's a starting point.

If all you want is a few RJ11 faceplates, let me know.
--
Dave
GS850x2 SE6a

Grumpy owd man December 30th 05 12:18 PM

RJ11 socket module availability?

Maplins, RS, CPC, Farnell, W&F, Wades, CEF just make sure you get the
RJ11 and not the MMJ with the offset 'key way'