Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback

Default Source of electric adapter please

I've just acquired a piece of kit that has a continental 2 pin plug. To
comply with guarantee I do not wish to remove it. I am looking for an
adapter that will allow me to plug it into a UK socket. I've Googled
but cannot find one, electric razor ones are no use. I'd realy like the
type that lock the continental plug into the adapter. Can anyone please
help?
--
Please do not reply to this Email address
All Emails are deleted upon receipt.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Broadback wrote:
I've just acquired a piece of kit that has a continental 2 pin plug. To
comply with guarantee I do not wish to remove it. I am looking for an
adapter that will allow me to plug it into a UK socket. I've Googled
but cannot find one, electric razor ones are no use. I'd realy like the
type that lock the continental plug into the adapter. Can anyone please
help?

This sort of thing?
http://www.euronetwork.co.uk/acatalog/Mains_adapters.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 17:47:08 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

| I've just acquired a piece of kit that has a continental 2 pin plug. To
| comply with guarantee I do not wish to remove it. I am looking for an
| adapter that will allow me to plug it into a UK socket. I've Googled
| but cannot find one, electric razor ones are no use. I'd realy like the
| type that lock the continental plug into the adapter. Can anyone please
| help?

Morrisons have them.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sick of Premium SMS scams,
SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I've just acquired a piece of kit that has a continental 2 pin plug. To
comply with guarantee I do not wish to remove it. I am looking for an
adapter that will allow me to plug it into a UK socket. I've Googled
but cannot find one, electric razor ones are no use.

A razor adaptor should work.

I'd realy like the type that lock the continental plug into the
adapter. Can anyone please help?

Maplin MW44

--
*This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for extra security *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:32:23 UTC, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I've just acquired a piece of kit that has a continental 2 pin plug. To
comply with guarantee I do not wish to remove it. I am looking for an
adapter that will allow me to plug it into a UK socket. I've Googled
but cannot find one, electric razor ones are no use.

A razor adaptor should work.

Um...see above! I'm guessing that he means it's no use becasue he
doesn't want it separate...

I'd realy like the type that lock the continental plug into the
adapter. Can anyone please help?

Also obtainable from CPC...currently at 86p, with a non returnable
screw...PL0023004 (black) and PLECP0104 (white).

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Broadback
writes
I've just acquired a piece of kit that has a continental 2 pin plug.
To comply with guarantee I do not wish to remove it. I am looking for
an adapter that will allow me to plug it into a UK socket. I've
Googled but cannot find one, electric razor ones are no use. I'd realy
like the type that lock the continental plug into the adapter. Can
anyone please help?

Go to http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp and hunt for one

it might take a while, but they definitely do a 3 pin plug which
converts a european 2 pin one

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback

raden wrote:

In message , Broadback
writes

I've just acquired a piece of kit that has a continental 2 pin plug.
To comply with guarantee I do not wish to remove it. I am looking for
an adapter that will allow me to plug it into a UK socket. I've
Googled but cannot find one, electric razor ones are no use. I'd
realy like the type that lock the continental plug into the adapter.
Can anyone please help?

Go to http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp and hunt for one

it might take a while, but they definitely do a 3 pin plug which
converts a european 2 pin one

Thank you one and all for your help. Tried the local Morrison's, no
stock, local Maplin people did not know what I was talking about, so I
have ordered one on line at euronetwork as suggested by Stuart.
Cheers

--
Please do not reply to this Email address
All Emails are deleted upon receipt.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alex

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I've just acquired a piece of kit that has a continental 2 pin plug. To
comply with guarantee I do not wish to remove it. I am looking for an
adapter that will allow me to plug it into a UK socket. I've Googled
but cannot find one, electric razor ones are no use.

A razor adaptor should work.

They only have a low current fuse, so it's quite likely it won't work.

alex.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix

"Broadback" wrote in message
raden wrote:

In message , Broadback
writes

I've just acquired a piece of kit that has a continental 2 pin plug. To
comply with guarantee I do not wish to remove it. I am looking for an
adapter that will allow me to plug it into a UK socket. I've Googled
but cannot find one, electric razor ones are no use. I'd realy like the
type that lock the continental plug into the adapter. Can anyone please
help?

Go to http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp and hunt for one

it might take a while, but they definitely do a 3 pin plug which converts
a european 2 pin one

Thank you one and all for your help. Tried the local Morrison's, no
stock, local Maplin people did not know what I was talking about, so I
have ordered one on line at euronetwork as suggested by Stuart.
Cheers

Could have just popped down to Argos of course....

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/9827590.htm

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
Thank you one and all for your help. Tried the local Morrison's, no
stock, local Maplin people did not know what I was talking about

Did you give them the part number I quoted?

--
*'ome is where you 'ang your @ *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Alex wrote:
comply with guarantee I do not wish to remove it. I am looking for an
adapter that will allow me to plug it into a UK socket. I've Googled
but cannot find one, electric razor ones are no use.

A razor adaptor should work.

They only have a low current fuse, so it's quite likely it won't work.

Bad news, then, as the adaptor the OP is looking for is rated at 600 watts
and fused at 3 amps...

--
*A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback

Bob Mannix wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message

raden wrote:

In message , Broadback
writes

[...]

True, but I realy wanted one that locked the europlug in, also the one I
have purchased is cheaper including postage!