Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lawrence Zarb

Default Belle Mini Mix 150 Concrete Mixer Capacity

Can someone tell me how much, in cubic metres a Belle Mini Mix 150
Concrete Mixer can mix in one load. The specs says the max load is 90
litres, but I would like this converted to cubic metres?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

"Lawrence Zarb" wrote in message
news:5530c7d01848635ab6e4396526384355.52329@mygate .mailgate.org...
Can someone tell me how much, in cubic metres a Belle Mini Mix 150
Concrete Mixer can mix in one load. The specs says the max load is 90
litres, but I would like this converted to cubic metres?

One Litre (a measure of volume) = ome thousand cc. or ten x ten x ten
centimetres
rather backwards this is aka one thousand millilitres 1,000 ml
One Cubic metre = One thousand Litres = 100 cm x 100 cm x 100 cm

Do the maths ...

_OR_

in a Google search field type; '90 litres in cubic metres'
and with magickery the answer appears "90 Liters = 0.09 cubic meters"
... well they are USA-ian and can't be expected to get the spelling
correct
BTW; this 'feature' works for all conversions - fortnights to microseconds,
Pounds to kilogrammes; etc ... just be aware that it intuits USA
measures unless told otherwise.

HTH

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger

The message lgate.org
from "Lawrence Zarb" contains these words:

Can someone tell me how much, in cubic metres a Belle Mini Mix 150
Concrete Mixer can mix in one load. The specs says the max load is 90
litres, but I would like this converted to cubic metres?

Bloody metric is like using a slide rule - just where do you put the
decimal point.

1 litre is 1000ccs = 10cm*3 = 100mm*3 = 0.1m*3 = 0.001 cubic metres

ergo 90 litres is 0.09 cubic metres.

--
Roger Chapman
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg

In practical terms, it equates to a barrow full of mortar or concrete
per mix.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

dg wrote:
In practical terms, it equates to a barrow full of mortar or concrete
per mix.

That is a site mixer.

The small ones from hire shops for occasional jobbers will tip over if
you put 15 shovels of sand, 3 of cement and a bucket of water in them.
Use 10 shovels max. And don't put half bricks in to clean them nor
smack the bowl with anything. They are too tinny to take any but the
gentlest treatment.

Once you start whacking them you will have to do so every time you use
them as the smoothness of the bowl will have been lost. Just rinse them
with coarse gravel and water if left to stand longer than a half hour
or so. Or if you are using dry mixes, scoop them empty with a small
gauge.

When they do eventually clog, dry them out, put some newspaper in them
and set it alight.
The heat cracks the cement and the iron will stay smooth for years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Lawrence Zarb wrote:
Can someone tell me how much, in cubic metres a Belle Mini Mix 150
Concrete Mixer can mix in one load. The specs says the max load is 90
litres, but I would like this converted to cubic metres?

Just imagine a box 1m on each side, full to a depth of 0.09m, or
just imagine a box 100cm on each side, full to a depth of 9cm, or
just imagine a box 1000mm on each side, full to a depth of 90mm, or
0.09 cubic metres.

That machine is a nice one, the electric one's a lot quieter, 90L
is the maximum *mix* you can make at once.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
dg

Weatherlawyer wrote:
dg wrote:
[...]

We get a barrow load from our belle mixers, and if you add the
sand/cement/water properly and don't let it get too dry and out of
balance then it will not fall.

If you ever get to a state where the drum is caked then you have not
been cleaning it properly after every use. There is no need to whack
the drum either

Two buckets of water and a quick scrape with the trowel is all that is
required. Some of ours are over 8 years old with regular use and still
nice and clean inside.

dg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
dg wrote:
In practical terms, it equates to a barrow full of mortar or concrete
per mix.

That is a site mixer.

The small ones from hire shops for occasional jobbers will tip over if
you put 15 shovels of sand, 3 of cement and a bucket of water in them.
Use 10 shovels max.

That may well be true, but the Minimix 150 will mix a barrowload
without tipping over. I have one and can verify that. What's more, it's
*very* stable and I doubt you could make it tip over at all, no matter
how overloaded it was.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Lawrence Zarb, Sheffielder UK wrote:
Can someone tell me how much, in cubic metres a Belle Mini Mix 150 Concrete

Mixer can mix in one load. The specs says the max load is 90 litres, but I would
like this converted to cubic metres?

The maximum mixing load for Belle Mini 150 is 90 litres.
1 cubic metre = 1000 litres.
1000 litres divided by 90 litres = 11 full loads per cubic metre.

However... a 90 litre mix puts a big strain on the mixer and it is likely to
stretch the drive belt. This would cause the belt to slip and the drum would
refuse to turn with such heavy loads.. Also, your cement will fly out and
splash all over the place when filled to the max.

I stick to 50 litre loads in my October 1996 Electric Belle Mini mixer.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ty-218060-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sheffielder UK wrote:

my October 1996 Electric Belle Mini mixer.

Your mixer was younger when this question was asked, than the age of
this question now ...

Concrete shed base Craig Graham UK diy 4 June 29th 04 06:46 AM
Concrete Pad with single brick wall on 3 sides Julian UK diy 4 February 29th 04 09:31 AM
Laying Concrete Flooring John UK diy 5 September 24th 03 07:15 AM
re-use old concrete as an aggregate ? PoP UK diy 5 September 2nd 03 12:06 PM
Square steel tubing embedded in concrete: Info/Help?? Terry King Metalworking 4 July 18th 03 04:23 AM