Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mysterious Part

Hi i am looking for a 90 degree flush pipe that screws into the bottom
of the cystern and into the pan.

My Pan doesnt sit directly under the cystern like most toilets and has
this plastic mould that screws in for a flush pipe.

I have been to my local plumbing supply centres and they have all told
me it is a foriegn part that i am unlikely to be able to obtain.

Fine, but what do i do now! i have tried bunging the old pipe up with
silicon sealant but the water keeps finding its way out!!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
john

"Set Square" wrote in message

Hi i am looking for a 90 degree flush pipe that screws into the bottom
of the cystern and into the pan.

Available in Chrome, brass and Gold as well as plastic: Example

http://www.shopping-made-easy.co.uk/...109328470.html

I can only assume some confusion at your merchants - or you really do have
something foreign.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:05:23 -0800, steve wrote:

Hi i am looking for a 90 degree flush pipe that screws into the bottom
of the cystern and into the pan.

My Pan doesnt sit directly under the cystern like most toilets and has
this plastic mould that screws in for a flush pipe.

I have been to my local plumbing supply centres and they have all told
me it is a foriegn part that i am unlikely to be able to obtain.

Fine, but what do i do now! i have tried bunging the old pipe up with
silicon sealant but the water keeps finding its way out!!!

Usualy for a low level (but not close coupled) cistern the flush pipe is a
simple L or J shape which fits into the outlet of the cistern and the back
of the pan. The pan connector is one of two types the most common type
fits inside the inlet into the pan and outside the flush pipe.

With a high level cistern there is the possibility of having the cistern
to one side or the other of the pan or even on the side wall. To connect
these a 3-piece flush pipe is used. The pipes peices are cut to final
length on site to allow for variations in the precise positions.
I'm not sure home much it could be reduced to allow for a low level
cistern.
If the offset is not great then it might be possible to take a normal
flush pipe and bend it with some heat (never tried this yet though).

Pictures would be very helpful here.

Help finding old router part Jon Woodworking 14 March 18th 06 11:40 PM
First Aluminum Anodizing attempts (long w/ pictures) James Lerch Metalworking 7 June 3rd 05 05:30 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Part P - new cable colours CRB UK diy 50 November 30th 04 11:13 PM
rec.woodworking ANTI-FAQ Part 1 of 10 - General Luigi Zanasi Woodworking 2 April 3rd 04 12:15 PM