Senior Member

Angry Shed Felting (or lack of it supplied)

Anyone out there bought a Walton 10` x 10` workshop lately?

Just erected mine and the idiots dont give you enough felt to cover the roof.

A 14m roll (1m wide) does not cover 2 roof panels (1.8m x 3.2m each) with enough allowed for proper laps, overhang at front and a covering ridge piece.

Tried to explain this to the woman at Waltons and (being a woman) she could not understand the concept!!

Found it well frustrating especially after spending over £500 on the bugger!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Franko

Default Shed Felting (or lack of it supplied)

"Cordless Crazy" wrote in message

Anyone out there bought a Walton 10` x 10` workshop lately?

Just erected mine and the idiots dont give you enough felt to cover the
roof.

A 14m roll (1m wide) does not cover 2 roof panels (1.8m x 3.2m each)
with enough allowed for proper laps, overhang at front and a covering
ridge piece.

Tried to explain this to the woman at Waltons and (being a woman) she
could not understand the concept!!

Found it well frustrating especially after spending over £500 on the
bugger!

Cordless Crazy

I bought a 16 X 12 footer from them a couple of years back and it was
supplied with 1 roll of felt as thick as tissue paper and torn to bits.
After much arguing with (probably) the same woman I ended up supplying and
paying for my own felt.
I took my time erecting it using screws as the supplied nails looked like
they just grabbed a handful from a mixed bucket and chucked them in. I gave
it 2 good coats of preservative and made sure it was coated thoroughly.
After a couple of years the roof is sagging badly, the walls are bowed, the
shiplap has gaps that you can fit your hand through and the door refuses to
open if it looks like it may rain.
I can honestly say that it is crap quality and if you can get your money
back now and buy elsewhere you will not regret it.

Franko.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
pammyt

if you were any sort of a man you would build your own shed using
quality materials and save youerself some money. This little woman does
just that.
Obviously I am more capable then you, a mere man,are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Franko

"pammyt" wrote in message
ups.com...
if you were any sort of a man you would build your own shed using
quality materials and save youerself some money. This little woman does
just that.
Obviously I am more capable then you, a mere man,are.

Well done Pammy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

pammyt wrote:
if you were any sort of a man you would build your own shed using
quality materials and save youerself some money. This little woman does
just that.
Obviously I am more capable then you, a mere man,are.

*Mercy, Mistress!*

(More! More!)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

pammyt wrote:
if you were any sort of a man you would build your own shed using
quality materials and save youerself some money. This little woman
does just that.
Obviously I am more capable then you, a mere man,are.

Oh, a feminist - how cute!

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Franko

"pammyt" wrote in message
ups.com...
if you were any sort of a man you would build your own shed using
quality materials and save youerself some money. This little woman does
just that.
Obviously I am more capable then you, a mere man,are.

Pammyt,
do you fancy coming round and sorting my crate-of-a-shed out seeing as
you are so capable.
If you aren't too busy building your own that is.........
Many thanks

Franko.

Senior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammyt
if you were any sort of a man you would build your own shed using
quality materials and save youerself some money. This little woman does
just that.
Obviously I am more capable then you, a mere man,are.

Yeah, but being a man I cost time in to it! The time taken to design, plan and buy the timber, then erect the bugger far out weighs the actual time taken to buy a ready built workshop on-line and erect it in 4 hours!

Plus, I did consider building my own shed but the cost was about the same. Using proper shiplap was a costly option for that size of shed, so naturally went for the quicker option.

Efficient man thoughts!!

So again I reinterate... The woman at Waltons was a complete donkey and not able to grasp a simple concept
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Franko

--
Cordless Crazy

Here Here!

Franko

8*6 steel shed nanandgrandadsmith.com UK diy 0 August 15th 05 03:24 PM
Shed wiring - OK [email protected] UK diy 5 April 13th 05 09:49 AM
Storage Shed Anchoring? Jeff Morris Home Repair 10 July 6th 04 01:26 PM
Shed Electrics Paul UK diy 15 May 22nd 04 12:48 PM
On the subject of a garden shed Andrew McKay UK diy 3 August 27th 03 04:31 PM