nanandgrandadsmith.com

Default 8*6 steel shed

We bought an 8*6 steel shed about 4 weeks ago,www.snipurl.com/shed1

It was delivered as a 'flatpack' packed in a cardboard!
box,transported uncovered on an open truck!,in light rain! One man
only, the driver, was present and he manhandled the 8*6 steel shed
'package' off the truck!
When we unpacked the shed we found that panels had been dented by the
strap holding the package on the lorry,which had penetrated the soggy
cardboard.

Umpteen phone calls eventually produced a replacement shed, manhandled
by 2 men this time.

A week later and we had unpacked it, (thin panels, stick to each
other, bend easy, lots of bits) and put it together, (complicated,
unclear instruction book, lots of self tapping screws, plastic washers,
lots of screw holes which didn't line up, some didn't take, stripped
threads. But it looks good), and then it rained.

It leaks like sieve in lots of places, and comparing our shed to a
'Yardmaster' shed, Argos bought, and erected by a relative, the
Yardmaster is waterproof, and obviously much sturdier/stronger.

If you leaned on ours it would bend.

Oh well, especially made for the UK, Canadian made flimsy junk,you
just don't know what you are going to get here.
Everything is an expensive gamble, twice the price for junk, in the
good ole UK !!!

I suppose I could try and seal the leaks, silicon seal under every
self tapping screw and panel join ? Or 'Thompsons Roofseal' ?,
http://tinyurl.com/97ekw, or a different (new!) roof altogether maybe,
and add more reinforement internal steel angle bars, and line it with
plywood or waterproof chipboard.
Maybe I would have done this anyway.

This a new! shed for gods sake.

Or I could cut my losses, (Life's Lesson's, buy what you know, don't
gamble), dump it, and buy a Yardmaster, more overtime (yuk), more money
I ain't got.