Posted to uk.d-i-y
Franko

Default Shed Felting (or lack of it supplied)

"Cordless Crazy" wrote in message

Anyone out there bought a Walton 10` x 10` workshop lately?

Just erected mine and the idiots dont give you enough felt to cover the
roof.

A 14m roll (1m wide) does not cover 2 roof panels (1.8m x 3.2m each)
with enough allowed for proper laps, overhang at front and a covering
ridge piece.

Tried to explain this to the woman at Waltons and (being a woman) she
could not understand the concept!!

Found it well frustrating especially after spending over £500 on the
bugger!

Cordless Crazy

I bought a 16 X 12 footer from them a couple of years back and it was
supplied with 1 roll of felt as thick as tissue paper and torn to bits.
After much arguing with (probably) the same woman I ended up supplying and
paying for my own felt.
I took my time erecting it using screws as the supplied nails looked like
they just grabbed a handful from a mixed bucket and chucked them in. I gave
it 2 good coats of preservative and made sure it was coated thoroughly.
After a couple of years the roof is sagging badly, the walls are bowed, the
shiplap has gaps that you can fit your hand through and the door refuses to
open if it looks like it may rain.
I can honestly say that it is crap quality and if you can get your money
back now and buy elsewhere you will not regret it.

Franko.