Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

I was tempted to hijack the flexible flush pipe thread :-))

Anyways.

I am suffering from a "women's problem" at the moment - cystitis.

I saw a pharmacist who explained that the pain was to do with bacteria
and ph of the wee. I don't think she knows what she's talking about!
I'm sure it's that someone is sneaking in there with a red hot poker!

I also saw the Dr and he explained that it had probably been caused by
a partial blockage of the outlet from the bladder which had caused it
not to empty fully which had led to stale urine, etc, etc.

However, I generally sit down to pee (as the other way tends to have a
detrimental effect on the floorcovering and ambiance of the toilet
room).

I seem to remember reading during previous discussions here regarding
the feasability of female urinals that women need to sit down otherwise
their bladders don't empty fully.

I wonder if men need to stand up (at least occasionally) for the same
reason?

As there are a lot of grumpy old men on here, I thought i'd ask if
anyone has any wisdom.

Must go - have to dash to the bathroom!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
john

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Why is your aim so erratic? Do you have a faulty nozzle? Are you retracting
any covering?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why is your aim so erratic? Do you have a faulty nozzle? Are you retracting
any covering?

Dunno,

It may be i'm out of practise, or it may be I was never that good in
the first place.

Given the amount of wee that was on the carpet in the toilet room when
we moved into our present house, I am not alone.

I suspect most men think they're better at it than they are and that
it's all the others who can't hit the pan.

I did have an interesting experience a few years ago when I used a
urinal at the swimming pool whilst wearing trunks. I noticed I was
getting a very fine mist coming back over my legs. Presumably this
normally would go over the trousers (without being noticed!)

ob jewish joke

2 Jews at the urinal.

!st Jew "Was your circumciscion done by Hy Cohen too?

2nd Jew "yes! how did you know?"

1st Jew "You're ****ing on my foot!"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article .com,
says...
I was tempted to hijack the flexible flush pipe thread :-))

Anyways.

I am suffering from a "women's problem" at the moment - cystitis.

Cranberry juice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil

Taken or applied? LOL!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article . com,
says...
Taken or applied? LOL!!

Liberally consumed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Phil wrote:
Taken or applied? LOL!!

What are you talking about?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:06:54 -0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

In article .com,
says...
I was tempted to hijack the flexible flush pipe thread :-))

Anyways.

I am suffering from a "women's problem" at the moment - cystitis.

Cranberry juice.

Bloody hell, he could make a fortune bottling it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article ,
says...
Phil wrote:
Taken or applied? LOL!!

What are you talking about?

What is who talking about? Where?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen Gower

David Hearn wrote:
ob jewish joke

2 Jews at the urinal.
!st Jew "Was your circumciscion done by Hy Cohen too?
2nd Jew "yes! how did you know?"
1st Jew "You're ****ing on my foot!"

See, that's the problem with getting the pro's in - a botch job. Far
better to DIY it! *ouch*

Anything involving cutting any of those bits is definitely best
left to the pros.
http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ne...016915953.html

--
Selah
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember
saying something like:

www.restrooms.org has what you're looking for.
--

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson

I am suffering from a "women's problem" at the moment - cystitis.

I know someone who suffered for *years* from this...

Depending on gender, several options may help:

Sodium citrate (or similar preparation) from a chemist - i`ve seen
several varieties for sale

*Plain* natural "live" yoghurt (use fingers to apply to affected area

Cranberry juice (as mentioned elsewhere) can ease the discomfort

They finally cleared of the symptoms after ~10 years by taking
antibiotics for a completely unrelated problem !

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

David Hearn wrote:

See, that's the problem with getting the pro's in - a botch job. Far
better to DIY it! *ouch*

Only a pro job if they get paid....

what's the going rate £10 / hour + tips ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message , Stephen Gower
writes
David Hearn wrote:
ob jewish joke

2 Jews at the urinal.
!st Jew "Was your circumciscion done by Hy Cohen too?
2nd Jew "yes! how did you know?"
1st Jew "You're ****ing on my foot!"

See, that's the problem with getting the pro's in - a botch job. Far
better to DIY it! *ouch*

Anything involving cutting any of those bits is definitely best
left to the pros.

http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ne...-nut-who-cut-o
ff-own-testicles-cant-explain-why/2005/11/17/1132016915953.html

Gower Eh ?

I know a Gower who had it all cut off

goes under the name of Molly now

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

raden wrote:

http://www.shiola.co.uk/link_of_the_week26.shtml

is your friend

Is nobody reading my original post? Goddamit Jim i'm a Bruce not a
sweet transvestite!

However I did have a look at the site above and found the following
comment regarding the product (which is designed to help women pee
standing up)

'I usually use a pint glass anyway if the ladies is too full. I suppose
the shoe shape might be a snugger fit and more hygienic'
Sarah, Worthing, UK

I think in future I shall be taking my own glass when I go to the pub!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

zikkimalambo wrote:
Is nobody reading my original post? Goddamit Jim i'm a Bruce not a
sweet transvestite!

Crikey, I didn't realise. The answer, then, is "no". HTH.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message .com,
writes

raden wrote:

http://www.shiola.co.uk/link_of_the_week26.shtml

is your friend

Is nobody reading my original post? Goddamit Jim i'm a Bruce not a
sweet transvestite!

Well, you had some people fooled , and some not sure ...

However I did have a look at the site above and found the following
comment regarding the product (which is designed to help women pee
standing up)

'I usually use a pint glass anyway if the ladies is too full. I suppose
the shoe shape might be a snugger fit and more hygienic'
Sarah, Worthing, UK

I think in future I shall be taking my own glass when I go to the pub!

--
geoff

Free standing gas cookers - do they come with connectors? David WE Roberts (Google) UK diy 24 September 21st 05 07:50 PM
weekend project. replacing slide in stove with free standing. seeking advice? Steve Home Repair 4 January 28th 05 08:31 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Kenmore Washer - Standing Water Inside Tub Filipo Home Repair 6 March 6th 04 04:31 PM
Should conventional floor standing gas boilers be serviced each year? Andy Hall UK diy 6 January 28th 04 09:40 PM