DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/132493-tot-necessary-men-pee-standing-up.html)

[email protected] November 23rd 05 11:51 AM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

I was tempted to hijack the flexible flush pipe thread :-))

Anyways.

I am suffering from a "women's problem" at the moment - cystitis.

I saw a pharmacist who explained that the pain was to do with bacteria
and ph of the wee. I don't think she knows what she's talking about!
I'm sure it's that someone is sneaking in there with a red hot poker!

I also saw the Dr and he explained that it had probably been caused by
a partial blockage of the outlet from the bladder which had caused it
not to empty fully which had led to stale urine, etc, etc.

However, I generally sit down to pee (as the other way tends to have a
detrimental effect on the floorcovering and ambiance of the toilet
room).

I seem to remember reading during previous discussions here regarding
the feasability of female urinals that women need to sit down otherwise
their bladders don't empty fully.

I wonder if men need to stand up (at least occasionally) for the same
reason?

As there are a lot of grumpy old men on here, I thought i'd ask if
anyone has any wisdom.

Must go - have to dash to the bathroom!

john November 23rd 05 01:24 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Why is your aim so erratic? Do you have a faulty nozzle? Are you retracting
any covering?

[email protected] November 23rd 05 01:51 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

Why is your aim so erratic? Do you have a faulty nozzle? Are you retracting
any covering?

Dunno,

It may be i'm out of practise, or it may be I was never that good in
the first place.

Given the amount of wee that was on the carpet in the toilet room when
we moved into our present house, I am not alone.

I suspect most men think they're better at it than they are and that
it's all the others who can't hit the pan.

I did have an interesting experience a few years ago when I used a
urinal at the swimming pool whilst wearing trunks. I noticed I was
getting a very fine mist coming back over my legs. Presumably this
normally would go over the trousers (without being noticed!)

ob jewish joke

2 Jews at the urinal.

!st Jew "Was your circumciscion done by Hy Cohen too?

2nd Jew "yes! how did you know?"

1st Jew "You're ****ing on my foot!"

Grunff November 23rd 05 01:57 PM

wrote:

I did have an interesting experience a few years ago when I used a
urinal at the swimming pool whilst wearing trunks. I noticed I was
getting a very fine mist coming back over my legs. Presumably this
normally would go over the trousers (without being noticed!)

Ah, you have the special misting nozzle...

The only times I have aim problems is when I've had too much beer.

--
Grunff

David Hearn November 23rd 05 02:17 PM

wrote:

[...]

See, that's the problem with getting the pro's in - a botch job. Far
better to DIY it! *ouch*

Matt November 23rd 05 02:32 PM

On 23 Nov 2005 03:51:07 -0800, wrote:

[...]

I once (actually more than once!) knew a girl in Sweden who, as a
party trick and with carefully placed fingers could do it standing up.
If my bladder is relatively full I find if I attempt to have a ****
sat down my todger says no and I liberally spray the room.

Chris Bacon November 23rd 05 02:32 PM

wrote:
I also saw the Dr and he explained that it had probably been caused by
a partial blockage of the outlet from the bladder which had caused it
not to empty fully which had led to stale urine, etc, etc.

With an explanation like that, he'd probably recommend a magnetic
water conditioner as a cure.

[email protected] November 23rd 05 02:35 PM

David Hearn wrote:
wrote:

Why is your aim so erratic? Do you have a faulty nozzle? Are you retracting
any covering?

Lest there be any doubt,when I said Dunno it was in response to the
first question.

As to the second, mushroom not carrot :=))

And it was a professional job, but not by a Jew AFAIK.

Oh dear, I hope this isn't going to descend into the sort of pro/andi
circ flame war that wreaks such havoc with other groups.

Googlebot November 23rd 05 02:54 PM

Chris Bacon wrote:
wrote:

I also saw the Dr and he explained that it had probably been caused by
a partial blockage of the outlet from the bladder which had caused it
not to empty fully which had led to stale urine, etc, etc.

With an explanation like that, he'd probably recommend a magnetic
water conditioner as a cure.

So thats what pipe cleaners are for. :-0

Rob Morley November 23rd 05 03:06 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

In article .com,
says...
I was tempted to hijack the flexible flush pipe thread :-))

Anyways.

I am suffering from a "women's problem" at the moment - cystitis.

Cranberry juice.

Phil November 23rd 05 03:10 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

Taken or applied? LOL!!

Rob Morley November 23rd 05 03:22 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

In article . com,
says...
Taken or applied? LOL!!

Liberally consumed.

Chris Bacon November 23rd 05 03:23 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

Phil wrote:
Taken or applied? LOL!!

What are you talking about?

Matt November 23rd 05 03:25 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:06:54 -0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

In article .com,
says...
I was tempted to hijack the flexible flush pipe thread :-))

Anyways.

I am suffering from a "women's problem" at the moment - cystitis.

Cranberry juice.

Bloody hell, he could make a fortune bottling it.

Rob Morley November 23rd 05 03:25 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

In article ,
says...
Phil wrote:
Taken or applied? LOL!!

What are you talking about?

What is who talking about? Where?

David Hearn November 23rd 05 03:27 PM

Chris Bacon wrote:
wrote:

I also saw the Dr and he explained that it had probably been caused by
a partial blockage of the outlet from the bladder which had caused it
not to empty fully which had led to stale urine, etc, etc.

With an explanation like that, he'd probably recommend a magnetic
water conditioner as a cure.

Actually that is the actual cause of cistitis. Bacteria is present in
the urine, but if the urine is not being completely expelled each time
(either failing to empty, or by a blockage, possibly by the prostate),
then the bacteria can build up causing an infection, irritation and
inflamation of the bladder.

http://www.doctoronline.nhs.uk/maste...gy/uti_wom.asp

Chris Bacon November 23rd 05 03:39 PM

David Hearn wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
wrote:
I also saw the Dr and he explained that it had probably been caused by
a partial blockage of the outlet from the bladder which had caused it
not to empty fully which had led to stale urine, etc, etc.

With an explanation like that, he'd probably recommend a magnetic
water conditioner as a cure.

Actually that is the actual cause of cistitis. Bacteria is present in
the urine, but if the urine is not being completely expelled each time
(either failing to empty, or by a blockage, possibly by the prostate),

Psst! The OP's a "broad", & a "partial blockage" isn't "the cause"
of cYstitis.

Stephen Gower November 23rd 05 05:00 PM

David Hearn wrote:
ob jewish joke

2 Jews at the urinal.
!st Jew "Was your circumciscion done by Hy Cohen too?
2nd Jew "yes! how did you know?"
1st Jew "You're ****ing on my foot!"

See, that's the problem with getting the pro's in - a botch job. Far
better to DIY it! *ouch*

Anything involving cutting any of those bits is definitely best
left to the pros.
http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ne...016915953.html

--
Selah

Grimly Curmudgeon November 23rd 05 06:51 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

drugs began to take hold. I remember
saying something like:

www.restrooms.org has what you're looking for.
--

Dave

Colin Wilson November 23rd 05 07:26 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

I am suffering from a "women's problem" at the moment - cystitis.

I know someone who suffered for *years* from this...

Depending on gender, several options may help:

Sodium citrate (or similar preparation) from a chemist - i`ve seen
several varieties for sale

*Plain* natural "live" yoghurt (use fingers to apply to affected area

Cranberry juice (as mentioned elsewhere) can ease the discomfort

They finally cleared of the symptoms after ~10 years by taking
antibiotics for a completely unrelated problem !

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****

John Rumm November 23rd 05 07:50 PM

David Hearn wrote:

See, that's the problem with getting the pro's in - a botch job. Far
better to DIY it! *ouch*

Only a pro job if they get paid....

what's the going rate £10 / hour + tips ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Dave November 23rd 05 08:17 PM

wrote:

I did have an interesting experience a few years ago when I used a
urinal at the swimming pool whilst wearing trunks. I noticed I was
getting a very fine mist coming back over my legs. Presumably this
normally would go over the trousers (without being noticed!)

I've been wearing shorts and sandals during the last few summers and
have been surprised by how much splashback there is from a urinal too.
Ever since first noticing this I aim at the side - it helps a little.

Dave

raden November 23rd 05 10:34 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

In message .com,
writes
I was tempted to hijack the flexible flush pipe thread :-))

Anyways.

I am suffering from a "women's problem" at the moment - cystitis.

I saw a pharmacist who explained that the pain was to do with bacteria
and ph of the wee. I don't think she knows what she's talking about!
I'm sure it's that someone is sneaking in there with a red hot poker!

I also saw the Dr and he explained that it had probably been caused by
a partial blockage of the outlet from the bladder which had caused it
not to empty fully which had led to stale urine, etc, etc.

http://www.shiola.co.uk/link_of_the_week26.shtml

is your friend

I noticed some dozy bint was trying to re-invent it on Dragons den last
night

--
geoff

raden November 23rd 05 10:34 PM

TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

In message , Stephen Gower
writes
David Hearn wrote:
ob jewish joke

2 Jews at the urinal.
!st Jew "Was your circumciscion done by Hy Cohen too?
2nd Jew "yes! how did you know?"
1st Jew "You're ****ing on my foot!"

See, that's the problem with getting the pro's in - a botch job. Far
better to DIY it! *ouch*

Anything involving cutting any of those bits is definitely best
left to the pros.

http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ne...-nut-who-cut-o
ff-own-testicles-cant-explain-why/2005/11/17/1132016915953.html

Gower Eh ?

I know a Gower who had it all cut off

goes under the name of Molly now

--
geoff

Dave November 23rd 05 10:36 PM

Dave wrote:
wrote:

I did have an interesting experience a few years ago when I used a
urinal at the swimming pool whilst wearing trunks. I noticed I was
getting a very fine mist coming back over my legs. Presumably this
normally would go over the trousers (without being noticed!)

I've been wearing shorts and sandals during the last few summers and
have been surprised by how much splashback there is from a urinal too.
Ever since first noticing this I aim at the side - it helps a little.

Dave

I went into a pub toilet some many years ago and the bloke that was
standing next to me was pointing dead ahead onto the urinal. The type
that is a wall of white.

Even though I was wearing jeans, I could feel the splash back :-(
I hate to think what I looked like when I went back into the bar.

Dave

[email protected] November 24th 05 10:32 AM

raden wrote:

http://www.shiola.co.uk/link_of_the_week26.shtml

is your friend

Is nobody reading my original post? Goddamit Jim i'm a Bruce not a
sweet transvestite!

However I did have a look at the site above and found the following
comment regarding the product (which is designed to help women pee
standing up)

'I usually use a pint glass anyway if the ladies is too full. I suppose
the shoe shape might be a snugger fit and more hygienic'
Sarah, Worthing, UK

I think in future I shall be taking my own glass when I go to the pub!

Chris Bacon November 24th 05 10:38 AM

zikkimalambo wrote:
Is nobody reading my original post? Goddamit Jim i'm a Bruce not a
sweet transvestite!

Crikey, I didn't realise. The answer, then, is "no". HTH.

raden November 24th 05 09:27 PM

raden wrote:

http://www.shiola.co.uk/link_of_the_week26.shtml

is your friend

Is nobody reading my original post? Goddamit Jim i'm a Bruce not a
sweet transvestite!

Well, you had some people fooled , and some not sure ...