Posted to uk.d-i-y
john

Default TOT Is it necessary for men to pee standing up?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was tempted to hijack the flexible flush pipe thread :-))

Anyways.

I am suffering from a "women's problem" at the moment - cystitis.

I saw a pharmacist who explained that the pain was to do with bacteria
and ph of the wee. I don't think she knows what she's talking about!
I'm sure it's that someone is sneaking in there with a red hot poker!

I also saw the Dr and he explained that it had probably been caused by
a partial blockage of the outlet from the bladder which had caused it
not to empty fully which had led to stale urine, etc, etc.

However, I generally sit down to pee (as the other way tends to have a
detrimental effect on the floorcovering and ambiance of the toilet
room).

I seem to remember reading during previous discussions here regarding
the feasability of female urinals that women need to sit down otherwise
their bladders don't empty fully.

I wonder if men need to stand up (at least occasionally) for the same
reason?

As there are a lot of grumpy old men on here, I thought i'd ask if
anyone has any wisdom.

Must go - have to dash to the bathroom!

Why is your aim so erratic? Do you have a faulty nozzle? Are you retracting
any covering?